HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:52 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Hi bemarc,
not sure if anyone has organised a race in sydney at all. I am planning to bring mine down to moorebank next weekend to show a couple of friends that are racing at the 1/5 nationals. I was talking to them about it at the 1/10 worlds and they want to have a look at them (both electric and nitro)
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:04 AM
Joined Nov 2003
43 Posts
slacko

Hey shaun when are you going to put up the new video footage..? (gilston)
I'm betting though it will be done before i order the last of the bits i need..lol . Thanks again for the Indy invite on the saturday.

tezza
Tezza is offline Find More Posts by Tezza
Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:52 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezza
Hey shaun when are you going to put up the new video footage..? (gilston)
I'm betting though it will be done before i order the last of the bits i need..lol . Thanks again for the Indy invite on the saturday.

tezza

That's cool Tezza.., no worries!.. I tried to upload some of the video from the camera and, I forgot I needed a FireWire cable for this camera to do it.. There was'nt that much footage anyway to make anything from, some of it was of the ground.. lol

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:00 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Who's up for Gilly this weekend..???

Anyone..?? I'm keen!.. The track is awesome for bikes, and fast too.. Let's get a few of us together so we don't have to put up with Fully Blinged out TC wanna be drivers with bad manners that think they know it all..!! Lets take over the track for the day..!

So,.. Saturday..? Sunday..? What's best for everyone..???????????

Shaun
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:22 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemarc
Hello from Sydney

i have had my bike for over a year now but when I initially tried to set it up i became very disheartened and put it away again for a while.

Now after moving into a new place I have had another go in better area and I'm hooked. I love this thing. I have raced RC off road electric buggies for a long time but I'm not sure I will go back

Has anybody managed to organise a race met or two for the bikes somewhere in Sydney? I saw back a few years some people tried at Liverpool? I was thinking to heading down to the Tempe club sometime and seeing what they say about it
Hi bemarc.. Welcome to the forum..! I'm glad you found us.. I'm also glad you got your bike out again for a rerun and found it to be not so bad after all.. These bikes kick butt when their setup right.., and react just like a real bike...

We really need to get 1/5 bikes on the map in Oz.. I'd love to see a, 1/5 Mini Moto GP classes start up everywhere... I used to race Off road and On road for years, untill 5 years ago I found these bikes, and ever since I've never put a touring car or buggie to ground again.., their all collecting dust very nicely... lol

See what you can do for bikes in Sydney,.. cause it would be nice to maybe have interstate 1/5 Moto GP racing one day.. Or even hold a Worlds one day...

Shaun
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:54 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I'm up for Gilly this weekend, Saturday would prolly be best for me but I could swing either/both days i'm sure
I went out to run a couple of packs earlier this eve to a local school parking lot and it's going really well. I lost an axle bolt (dammit!) but i'm sure it wont be too hard to find a replacement.

I ended up getting a new replacement shock from kellets in sydney (pleasure to deal with, btw) but i've filled it up with some really light oil I had around the house and it's very bouncy. I'll try to get something heavier in there by the weekend to fix that up.

I've realised now i'm so used to it that the engine is starting to feel slow, I'm on the hunt for a brushless system nowm or maybe i'll try a lower turn motor first. I'm sure i'll end up with a nitro before too long..

Oh, those quick release connectors I got from RS have potential but I havent put them on yet, I'll bring some along on the weekend to show you.

I've also got some spare parts to give back to you from when you and ben helped me get going the first day we went out there
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:38 AM
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Hi bemarc.. Welcome to the forum..! I'm glad you found us.. I'm also glad you got your bike out again for a rerun and found it to be not so bad after all.. These bikes kick butt when their setup right.., and react just like a real bike...

*edit*

See what you can do for bikes in Sydney,.. cause it would be nice to maybe have interstate 1/5 Moto GP racing one day.. Or even hold a Worlds one day...

Shaun
Well maybe start some Nationals first but the worlds would be unbelivable.

I didn't get out to tempe this week but I let you guys know how I go when I get a chance.

While I have had fun racing the buggies, thier complexity and the fact that your now looking upto crazy prices for the TC's these days doesn't compare with the simplicity of the bikes and the sheer enjoyment when you see them going round and from learning to drive/ride them. I still watch mine any all your videos and and find myself thinking how do it stay up and they look so stable and controlled like the little rider is actually riding them .

I love it.

Tell you what, I will come to Brisy next year and we will have the first 1/5th Bike Nationals!! how about that? lets pick a day maybe towards the end of next year and work towards it?
bemarc is offline Find More Posts by bemarc
Last edited by bemarc; Oct 25, 2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Anyone..?? I'm keen!.. The track is awesome for bikes, and fast too.. Let's get a few of us together so we don't have to put up with Fully Blinged out TC wanna be drivers with bad manners that think they know it all..!! Lets take over the track for the day..!

So,.. Saturday..? Sunday..? What's best for everyone..???????????

Shaun
Im keen to go!

Ben
PS: Shaun, i haven't forgotten about your battery. I'll have a look tonight
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:38 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
that sounds great, we'll give those TC guys a run for their money .

Tezza, do you run a nitro or EP ?. I think i'm going to need a new engine to keep up with any of you guys. probably a lot more practice too..

Great to see the action happening in Sydney too, I'd be keen for some interstate racing!

I've picked up my needed parts today and i'm all ready to go for the weekend.

Shaun, if you have any fo that piano wire on hand do you think you could bring some down for me ?.
I've got a few spare firewire cables here too, i'll bring one along for you
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Hey you guys sound like your going to have a great time.Oh better post some pics and vid.You know it's a custom here on this forum.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:35 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Cool,.. Well, it looks like it's just us 3 again.. I'm sure we'll have fun anyway, unless the track is packed out..

Do you all want to get there a bit earlier this time,.. say around 9-10am Saturday morning..?? We'd have the whole place to our selves...

Troy, thanks in advance for the loan of the FireWire cable, and if anything just happens to go wrong with your bike I'm sure I'll have everything with me to fix it..

Ben,.. if that 3300 is mine, could you give it a charge for me when you bring it with you..? Thanks!

BTW,.. Macka gave me a call out of the blue last night and wanted to test out his TTn at that little carpark near here,.. his bike went great, still needs a few more tanks till it's fully run in and ripping.. I got my spare nitro bike out for a test run too, (old fm1e chassis with the TTn motor) and it flies!,.. it was lifting awesome torque wheelies everywhere, it does them better than the TT EVO.12 I raced at Brooky..!! Can't wait to try it tomorrow..

Anyway, let me know what time everyone wants to meet up there.., is around 10am ok..???

Shaun
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Around 10am sounds good to me. I'll get that battery charged for ya.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Last edited by Nexzzt; Oct 26, 2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 02:52 AM
Joined Nov 2003
43 Posts
Hi troy,i'm just being slack about ordering bits..(very busy at work...aust post)....(plenty of resignations and no replacment staff)..also waiting to see if there are any new bits i want to order at the same time...
I can't wait for xmas!!
Also used to have the R1
The bits so far include...bike..tt.electric..duc,radio..nomadio,Ba tts...4800 lipo x 2
mamba max..7700...damm scary in a tourer
Still need tyres plus a few odds and ends,revo shock,usd forks..etc.
If nothing else it will be a bullet in a straight line
Just hope i don't ending up looking like mr xray...
ask shaun...lol
Tezza is offline Find More Posts by Tezza
Old Oct 27, 2006, 03:38 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezza
Just hope i don't ending up looking like mr xray...
ask shaun...lol
Yeah, the guy I was refuring to in an earlier post, Mr Bling with a BA.., the guy that could'nt keep his TC on the track?.. I hope he's not there.. Whatever you do, don't help marshal his car for him..!

lol I don't think you'd drive like that, Tezza.. Or have the same attitude..!

Shaun
Old Oct 27, 2006, 05:02 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
heh, he sounds like a nice guy this mr bling The xray isnt red and black is it ? I might have bumped into this guy before..

I'm up for 10am tomorrow. I've just drilled and cut my new desmo bodywork to fit the r1 but I dont think i'll be using it tomorrow, it looks too nice

I also fit a longer servo arm to my servo to bring the steering rod to a more parrallel line but now it seems to throw too much and the forks can hit the frame. Might need a bit of tinkering after testing it out tomorrow..

Tezza, sounds like its on the verge of being a very quick machine, i'll def' have to get myself a BL now.

I've got the lexan body on the HOR now too so i'll bring it out for its maiden run tomorrow. I still havent painted little kevin but maybe its for the best