HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 08, 2009, 03:11 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Troy,

I can pick you up in my car if you want. I've got a GPS so I should be right getting there this time...
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2009, 06:12 AM
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
I'm keen, still working on the others here though. Just a couple of questions, what running gear are we allowed to race with?(Not that I'll be able to keep up anyway), Do we need ROAR approved batteries? and, where is the Brendale track? I've never been there before. Just an address will do, I have a UBD.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks.
Ross.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Jan 08, 2009, 01:38 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
The Address is:-

England Park Raceway
corner of Leitchs Rd and Strathwyn Str
Brendal Qld.

Drivetrains, most run brushless 5800kv systems now I think.
don't know about batteries.

As the guys told me the first time I raced with them, bring what ever I had.

Main thing is for more bikes on the track and to have a good time.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jan 09, 2009, 02:58 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
What time is everyone planning on getting there tomorrow?
Old Jan 09, 2009, 03:03 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
Troy,

I can pick you up in my car if you want. I've got a GPS so I should be right getting there this time...
Thanks mate, I better take the bike though, need to be back by 6:30 or so for an outing so I may have to leave early.

See you tomorrow!
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Jan 09, 2009, 03:10 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Thats cool Troy,

If you want I can always haul some gear up for you if your interested.
I've got a spare chair for you too.

Len.
Old Jan 09, 2009, 03:16 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
What time is everyone planning on getting there tomorrow?
about 12, maybe a little earlier..

Should be OK to cart my gear, the new toolbox is very luxurious compared to the last one

A spare chair would be awesome though. thanks !
Old Jan 09, 2009, 03:22 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
my flight gets in around 9 so hopefully I will be at the track by 10-10:30. Depending on what my mate needs to do before heading to the track.
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jan 09, 2009, 05:15 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll be there for around 10.30 11'ish.. I'll bring a spare chair (and spare bits) with me just incase too..

61DUB, We use 7.4v lipo batts, 5800kv motors,.. like Eden said, just bring what you've got.. Btw, I'll have the other bike with me too if you still want it? I finished off the foot pegs for you too

Lenny,.. you got that 1/8 going yet..?

C ya'll tomorra..
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jan 09, 2009, 07:40 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Lenny,.. you got that 1/8 going yet..?
Shaun, I'm soooo close it's killing me. I've walked down my drive twice now ready to test it and both the battery & servo have let me down. hopefully I'll be able to sort it out at Brendale tomorrow.

See you all @ the track.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 02:07 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Great days racing yesterday, even though I only got a couple of races in I really enjoy the Brendale track, I was sorry I had to leave so early, I could feel the track getting easier in the second race.

So how did everyone fare up ?. What time did the racing close ?
Did you get a chance to get the 8th scalers on the track ?

I just had the venom out in the street after a bit of suspension adjustments today and its just getting better and better, especially with the brushless now too. Had well controlled power slides on every turn, no wheelies but i'm pretty happy with that.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 03:34 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Well we ended up with 4 rounds of qualifying and one 15minute final.

It was great!

It was good to have 6 bikers present until you had to leave

Eden did very well considering he was racing the 1/5 scale racing truck as well as the bike.
Ross improved race by race (with some practise in a nearby street too)
Shaun was unstoppable and Lennie and I had our good and bad moments.

I think it would have been nicer if the grass was a bit shorter but with practise, I'm sure it won't matter soon.

Racing under the lights was very different. The back straight was interesting/hard with the shadows from the overhead lights making it hard to determine how much the bike was leaning over when preparing to make the turn. We certainly kept the marshals busy

I had issues with my front forks all evening - With Shaun's help, I'm going to have this problem sorted before next time.

I was on the road home by about 9:30ish
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Old Jan 11, 2009, 05:02 AM
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
I've gotta say guys, I HAD A RIPPER OF A TIME!!! Even though I pretty well sucked, I did improve as Dave said. I can't wait til next time. Thanks VERY much for everyone's help (especially Shaun, you're a legend, thanks mate). I've got some practice at the local carpark scheduled, so hopefully I'll be able to spend more time on the track than the grass.

I was talking to the other blokes up here and they're keen as mustard to get down there and go racing.

Now, if I can only find the money for an 18th scale.........

I'm addicted.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Jan 11, 2009, 09:20 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Brendale 1/5 Bike Results..

Ok, here's the time sheets for Saturday/night..10-01-09

First of all I want to thank you guys for coming along for the (long) day, and to the club for having us there. I hope we can keep up the numbers, and or, add some new members to our class, to ensure our stay at this club.. It would be nice to see our bike class grow into 2 seperate classes, Stock and Open, in the near future, even a nitro bike class maybe..

Also, I just want to say I had a great day/night, I'm glad you guys did too, there's a good feeling about '09 and I think it'll be good year.. I just love this track for the bikes, the track gradiant, how it flows etc.. I think Brendale is the place where the bikes will get noticed too, and we're bound to get more new comers join us..

Heat1-5min, a few of the guys had no Transponders, or, the PT#'s were wrong in the system, but was fixed for the 2nd heat.

Heat2-5min, everyone was getting a bit more of a feel for the track while the sun was still up.

Heat3-5min, saw only 5 of us left. It wae getting late into the afternoon by now and the lights started coming on. Everyone was getting more of a grip on the track now and looking alot more consistant. A few of the guys made bigger improvements on the PB times and laps.

Final-15min, buy the final it was dark, the lights lit up the track like daytime. Only some mixed shadows along the back straight made perception in some areas a bit difficult at times, but having a full 15mins race time to play with we go used to that. Everyone put in a great effort keeping black on black for the majority of the race. Finals Pos, 3rd- David/18laps, 2nd-Lenny/18laps, and 1st-myself/30laps..
Old Jan 11, 2009, 09:56 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Here's a few more pics, and the track at night.. Sorry about the picture quality, I had it on the wrong setting..

Hey Eden, that's not a bike! Btw, thanks for the drive of your truck, was good fun, be even better in a race I bet..

Dave, we got the go ahead to race here regularly as long as we make the numbers to pay for the lights,.. if we run with the 1/5 truck guys we'll have enough people to race. We'd also be running our own nights aswell, and that means running SlyFox too.., (I know how much you like running a club meet.. ) Ah, but the day we have enough bikes to run 2-3 classes we'll have enough to run our own meets...You never know!

Ross, was great to meet you and put a face to a name. I hope you enjoied yourself..? I really noticed how much you'd improved by the final race at the end of the night. It's a big change from running in a carpark eah?, then standing 12ft off the ground and trying to keep the bike on the track and off the grass. By the next time you race with us you would have improved much more.. Great to have you with us..

Troy, shame you could'nt have stayed longer, you'll have to do a full meet next time..

We actually did'nt finish there untill 10.30pm.. I got my 1/8 out for a few laps too during the BBQ break.

Shaun