SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 05:03 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
My regular hobby shop (tracksiderc) dosent have it, they have alum tube and heaps of diff cuts of brass but no K&S. I'll do a bit of a ring-around and try to find it. If not, i'll let you know and get you to bring some down for me some day

The place at acacia ridge is called dotmar- this is the ptfe tube:
http://www.dotmar.com.au/products/ptfe/tetron_fep.htm

They have some hose fittings but none suitable by the looks of the catalogue: http://www.dotmar.com.au/products/ma..._fittings.html

I ordered a bunch of those quick release hose fittings from McMaster-Carr after reading this post from sixdub: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...rr#post5026776

Then, the next day they e-mailed me and said they couldnt send my order because they "can no longer accept orders for private individuals outside of the United States"..

I found some vaguely similar type units at RS Components: http://www.rsaustralia.com/cgi-bin/b...auie&Nr=avl:au

Which i've ordered some samples of and they should be here tomorrow so we'll see how that goes..

I'm amazed at how much of a pounding your back tyre took on the track, must be that lipo melting power tearing them up
I've used the back tyre you gave me but the front one was missing its lip so I didnt trust it even glued on, we'll see how it goes on saturday.

Let me know when you're heading over to the track and i'll try and make it out.

Mollycbr123, Yeah the track is great, it's like its made for bikes. Hopefully it wont be too long before we have a regular class happening there. As Shaun was saying theres heaps of interest in the bikes, just need some interested enough to make the purchase and it's on
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Troy,.. here's one that'll work.. Pnuematic fitting

It would be better if we can get them localy.. We use them alot at work for props and other parts of sets that have to move... A guy came into work once with a box full for the boss but I could'nt get away from the job I was on to ask him anything,.. so I'll have to ask the boss where his office is..

BTW,.. Troy, you have another local near you with a TTn (Carisma),.. but, I just spoke with another guy who has one that live not far from you too... The bikes might take off quicker here than we thought..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:38 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
That is one awesome looking track. Looks very bike-friendly too! Hope you guys can get something consistent going on there.
Yeah, the track is nice, and lots of space to get nice lines.. Next time I go there Steve, I'll take my video cam with me..

Shaun
Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:40 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Mollycbr123, Yeah the track is great, it's like its made for bikes. Hopefully it wont be too long before we have a regular class happening there. As Shaun was saying theres heaps of interest in the bikes, just need some interested enough to make the purchase and it's on
The one real track that I've taken my bikes to is about 1.5 hrs driving from me. It really was too small and tight for bikes, with wooden barriers right at the edges. No way to do nitro bikes. But I took my electric bikes up there maybe four times during their indoor season, and had a bunch of guys come out to watch them run. Lots of interest, even the track owner was psyched enough to want to start selling bikes at the track HS. But after a couple of months, nobody came through with actually buying one. Winter came along and I haven't been back up since. It their track looked like your's I'd be there every weekend promoting.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:36 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Hey, Troy,.. we should be at Gilly around 12.30 - 1.00pm or so, no later.. I think it'll just be a case of getting a rush from the Indy cars first, then a bigger rush from seeing the pit chicks, and then getting rushed by too many people we deside to leave type deal I think.. See you later today..

Shaun
Old Oct 21, 2006, 04:48 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
fm1e Fork Mod...

Ben,.. here's that link for the fork mod..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=171
Old Oct 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Ben,.. here's that link for the fork mod..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=171
Thanks Shaun!!

Ben

PS: Did you find someone to go to Indy with you?
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Oct 21, 2006, 06:06 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Thanks Shaun!!

Ben

PS: Did you find someone to go to Indy with you?
No worries, Ben.. Not for today, but I have'nt called Macka yet to see if he'd like to.. Not sure if I could be bothered now,.. walking thru the crowd of people again and trying to find a good spot to watch the racing, it all stinks of effort.. The only real plus is the half naked chicks getting around.. Might just play with the Trex today I think...

Shaun
Old Oct 21, 2006, 06:43 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
No worries, Ben.. Not for today, but I have'nt called Macka yet to see if he'd like to.. Not sure if I could be bothered now,.. walking thru the crowd of people again and trying to find a good spot to watch the racing, it all stinks of effort.. The only real plus is the half naked chicks getting around.. Might just play with the Trex today I think...

Shaun
LOL, i know what ya mean. Walking around the track is hard work. You should be ready for some 3D stuff with that Trex by now Have fun!

Ben
Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:25 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
LOL, i know what ya mean. Walking around the track is hard work. You should be ready for some 3D stuff with that Trex by now Have fun!

Ben
Not yet, I have'nt setup 3D on the tranny.. Just normal flight mode at the mo.. I'll have to give my pro heli friend Fernando a call to help me get it sorted..

Shaun
Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:41 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
124 Posts
So just a 2 dimensional "tranny" for you then? Sorry couldn't resist
Sean S is offline Find More Posts by Sean S
Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:45 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean S
lol
Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:46 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean S
lol No,.. just the ccpm in stunt mode thanks.. lol
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:21 AM
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
Hello

opps
bemarc is offline Find More Posts by bemarc
Last edited by bemarc; Oct 22, 2006 at 06:24 AM. Reason: double post
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:22 AM
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
Hello

Hello from Sydney

i have had my bike for over a year now but when I initially tried to set it up i became very disheartened and put it away again for a while.

Now after moving into a new place I have had another go in better area and I'm hooked. I love this thing. I have raced RC off road electric buggies for a long time but I'm not sure I will go back

Has anybody managed to organise a race met or two for the bikes somewhere in Sydney? I saw back a few years some people tried at Liverpool? I was thinking to heading down to the Tempe club sometime and seeing what they say about it
bemarc is offline Find More Posts by bemarc