HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:56 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Gilston comes alive again?

Hay Guys!

look what I heard over on RC-Tech....

Quote:
The official word is (although unofficial coming from me)we have a letter from council allowing us to run electric only, so in the very near future we will be racing again.
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2008, 04:06 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havago Racing
Hay Guys!

look what I heard over on RC-Tech....
That's great Dave.. It's been a while to get that peice of paper from the council, but at least it's something..

Well, it'll be great to see, and race, with everyone again.. If we were to race at Brendale sometimes too I could get 2 more guys to race with us aswell..

I know what we can do to make our bikes sound like nitro bikes, use a peg and a playing card in the spokes to get the sound effect.. lol

Btw,.. I've been a little slack in asking about us having some race meets at Brendale, I keep forgetting to call them. (I've been really busy with work, and possesed by sk8'n again, since the begining of the year to think about it) I know we'd be ok to race there anyway, they just need to know if we did that we would all turn up for it, etc..

Anyway,.. I'm keen..

Shaun
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Apr 11, 2008, 04:44 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
if you can work on a couple of weeks notice, I'll see if I can make it up for it as well.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Apr 17, 2008, 09:01 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
hey guys.

I sure hope this comes through. I get the feeling the club president is anti-EP.. Its a shame.

So whats everyone been up to ?
I actually ran a pack through my bike in a local development area (nice fresh bitumen, no traffic) and it was awesome.

I'm looking to make a carbon ricky chassis, has anyone found a source for 3mm or thicker carbon sheet yet ?.

Nice pics Shaun, there a big skate park about 1K from here and you should see the crowds the place pulls on the weekends!
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Apr 18, 2008, 01:11 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Notice..

Hi y'all,..

Chris from Gilly sent this to me the other night,..

Hello Member's,

As you are all aware that later last year Gold Coast city council had closed our track due to noise issue's.

We after many a meeting with GCCC I am please to announce that the track has been re-opened.

There is just one thing.

At this time the track is open But only for ELECTRIC RACING ONLY !

Now before you ask what dose this mean to our gas drivers.

Darren Densely and the race committee are working very closely with the GCCC to fine a suitable venue that will allow us to race both gas and electric at the one track.

Now on a brighter note.

It is with great pleasure that I can tell you that our first race meeting for the year will be On Sunday 4th May.

What the Racer committee would like to ask is that we would like to have a meeting with all of our clubs to give you an up-date as to what is happening with in the club and to have AGM to re-vote in new committee members for the on-road club.

The off-road club has gone it's way as they have been working with GCCC and have found there own new track.

So you know that at our last AGM in November, There where members from both the off-road & on-road who were voted into position with-in the club.

So this AGM we be for the On-road only with only on-road member's to be vote into a committee position with in GCMR.

The time for the AGM will be from 1.00pm. So please come alone and have your say and remember that your vote counts.

On behalf on myself the current Race Committee I would like to thank everyone for there on-going support through this time and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday 4th May.

Thank You

Chris Howarth

GCMR Race Committee Member

I'm just not sure if the AGM is on this weekend @ 1pm.. I'll email Chris and find out..

Shaun
Old Apr 18, 2008, 01:41 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
hey guys.

I sure hope this comes through. I get the feeling the club president is anti-EP.. Its a shame.

So whats everyone been up to ?
I actually ran a pack through my bike in a local development area (nice fresh bitumen, no traffic) and it was awesome.

I'm looking to make a carbon ricky chassis, has anyone found a source for 3mm or thicker carbon sheet yet ?.

Nice pics Shaun, there a big skate park about 1K from here and you should see the crowds the place pulls on the weekends!
Hi Troy,

It looks like we'll be racing again, no nitro though..

Well, Been working long hours as usual, but should be free for the next few weeks to get a life back for a change.. Yeah,.. I get my bike out here and there on the weekends, out the front, to keep up the practice etc.. Can't wait to get racing again though..

Have you tried 'PrecisionAerobatics.com' yet, for 3mm CF, or Ebay..?

Yeah,.. your talking about Elenora skate park, it's going to have a big full pipe over it soon too.. A friend of mine is building it..(Rob; ConcreteSkateParks) I've skated it allready, but not the whole park cause it was only half finished the last time I was there.. It's pretty much finished now, just needs the top half of the full pipe done,.. opens in 2weeks..

I would'nt mind setting up my old B3 buggy with lipo and BL and see if it'll do the full loop in it.., the full pipe stands about 22ft high..

Oh, one more pic.. Been skating the Billabong ramp up on the SunshineCoast a bit too lately, nice ramp, about 13ft high and 60ft wide..

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; Apr 18, 2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: crappy spelling..
Old Apr 24, 2008, 03:49 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hey,

Yeah tried precisionaerobatics, they only have the 2mm still, i might try epoxying some together.

So, racing is back on!, I should be happy but I'm annoyed for two reasons.. Why didnt I get the notification ?. I'm a member and I gave my e-mail addy

Secondly, I'm in Melbourne on the 4th!

Ah well, at least the track will be used again, so sad to see it going to waste. I'd be happy to race there permanently. DO we really need to run in the same place as the Nitro guys ?. There are so many places around Oz that have seperate facilities for EP and nitro, do they really -need- to run in the same place ?. Maybe I am just being shellfish.

On a brighter note Who's in line for one of those new Venom 8th scalers ?. I smell a new class
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Apr 24, 2008, 05:06 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Me please.
I think I may pre-order one in the next week or so.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:22 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Racing this weekend..?

So who's keen..? I know Marty is, Troy's out,.. Lenny?, Ben?.., Dave?

I also talked on the phone to a guy on the weekend that lives down GC way and he wanted to come and check out the bikes this weekend, he sounded pretty keen..

Troy, Have a good trip to Melbs..
Sorry you did'nt get the email notice. Maybe Chris thought I'd post it up on here anyway.. I posted it up as soon as I could..

Did anyone go to the AGM thingy..? I had something else on that day...

Well, hope to catch some of you on the 4th, Sunday..

Shaun
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi

I also talked on the phone to a guy on the weekend that lives down GC way and he wanted to come and check out the bikes this weekend, he sounded pretty keen..

Troy, Have a good trip to Melbs..
Sorry you did'nt get the email notice. Maybe Chris thought I'd post it up on here anyway.. I posted it up as soon as I could..

Did anyone go to the AGM thingy..? I had something else on that day...

Well, hope to catch some of you on the 4th, Sunday..

Shaun
Sorry, been running on 1 income for 6 months now so won't be able to make a race meet for a while. I might be able to come down for a blat on my real bike and watch/marshall, but not this weekend.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:04 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Sorry, been running on 1 income for 6 months now so won't be able to make a race meet for a while. I might be able to come down for a blat on my real bike and watch/marshall, but not this weekend.
Yeah, that's understandable.. Maybe bring your gear down anyway, when you can, and we could pitch in your entry fee, and I can set you up with batts/lipos to use..? I don't mind..

I've got a trophy of yours too btw..
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that's understandable.. Maybe bring your gear down anyway, when you can, and we could pitch in your entry fee, and I can set you up with batts/lipos to use..? I don't mind..

I've got a trophy of yours too btw..
Thanks for the kind offer, and thanks for hanging on to the trophy for me.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Apr 28, 2008, 04:18 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Quote:

Shaun
Alas this coming weekend has been pre-booked to take the Jayco out for some semi-civilised bush camping with the family.
I'm definitely looking forward to giving the bike regular exercise though.

I hope to keep the next race meet free so I can come and play
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Old Apr 28, 2008, 05:37 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I'll be there

So it looks like it will be Shaun, Marty & myself.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Apr 28, 2008, 05:41 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Brisbane
Joined Nov 2007
31 Posts
Yay, I finally get to damage my bike in a proper race, insted of just messing around.

Can't wait
Martyman is offline Find More Posts by Martyman