SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:07 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
That drag bike looks pretty sharp Shaun Have you tested the mini KP07 yet ?.

Xmas has been pretty good down this way too, i have eaten more ham than should be legally allowed but at least theres been plenty of beer to help it down.

We've been busy packing house ready for the move in just over a week or so. Packing and moving would have to be one of my least favourite things to do but ah well, what can you do.
Most of my toys are in boxes but I havent had any time to play anyway so I not really missing out too much.

All the best to everyone, happy new year and all that!.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:08 PM
Bike-addict
Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
350 Posts
I like your "black/yellow" Rossi bike Shaun! BTW....how many bikes do ya have by now
gertjan is offline Find More Posts by gertjan
Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:30 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Hi Gertjan, thanks, that's the bike I race atm, it's a KP07 (short chass)..

How many bikes,.. well,.. about 10,..
3 KP07's, (long, mid, short)
2 of my custom 1/5 bikes (nitro and elec),
1 McLarney 1/5 (selling that one),
1 custom 1/8, (KP copy)
1 custom built 1/8 drag bike,
1 custom built 1/12,
1 ARX dirt bike...
,and enough parts laying around to build another one. lol To many..

Here's a pic of my work bench, I should get a pic of them all lined up one day..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:49 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
That drag bike looks pretty sharp Shaun Have you tested the mini KP07 yet ?.
Have'nt tested the drag bike properly just yet.. I've had the mini KP out at our last race meet, it really needs some grippy tires (OTO's), and some thicker oil in the rear shock.. Other than that it goes ok...

BTW,.. Happy New Year to everyone..! All the best, and may this one be better than the last one..

Shaun
Old Jan 08, 2008, 12:56 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Hey,.. I just thought I'd let you guys know that there's a test sesh on at Brendale this Friday night if anyone is interested in going.. Might be all cars though... But what if we made something for Saturday morning/arvo this weekend instead..? Be good to get all the cobwebs out of the system/bikes etc.. Who knows, we might be racing there soon.. lol

Shaun
Old Jan 18, 2008, 06:58 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Ok punks,.. Who's up for a run at Brendale tomorrow night..??? Noms are open from 3.30pm and racing starts @ 5pm.. We've's been given the go ahead to race there if we wants toooo.. I'm keen..!

So, it's been a while, what's everyone been doing?,.. last reply from anyone was Troy on the 30th Dec. Did we not make it thru New Years..???????

Shaun
Old Jan 18, 2008, 07:33 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Sounds good Shaun, I'll see what I can arrange.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Jan 18, 2008, 04:31 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
Sounds good Shaun, I'll see what I can arrange.
Awesome Lenny.. Sorry about the late notice and all, I only just found out myself..

If we can get Ben and Dave too, the more we've got to race..!?!?! 4 or more is a good number,.. So come one everyone,.. roll up, roll up,.. be good to see everyone again..

Btw,.. Marty's got his bike finished and ready to run now too,.. we finished putting the running gear in it last night..

Shaun
Old Jan 18, 2008, 07:58 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Sorry "punks" I got something planned today that I can't get out of.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Jan 18, 2008, 08:59 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
(Ben) Ah well, guess these things need to be done..

Lenny, give me a call asap (0409 615 809) and the same with anyone else that's keen on making it to Brendale tonight.. Just so I can see if it's worth it or not.. 3 riders should be ok, I reckon..

Let me know...

Shaun
Old Jan 18, 2008, 09:42 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Sorry, But as much as I would have liked to jioned in. Looks like I'm out.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Jan 19, 2008, 04:54 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
That's cool Lenny, you tried..!

I did'nt end up going there either.. BUT,.. what if we make it for the next fortnight from now..? Anyone interested..???
As usual, just let me know so I can get a number on how many of us are going etc...

Shaun
Old Jan 20, 2008, 09:59 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hey guys,

Made it through the new year and the house move, still settling in but it all went pretty well.
Anyone get any nice goodies from Santa ?.

Shaun, what time in two weeks, is it evening racing at Brendale all the time ?. Might be a tough one for me to make if it is but i'll try, i've been hanging to get out on the track again.

I hope they sort out the problem with the Gilston track, such a great venue it would be a shame to see it go to waste over a couple of go-carters misusing the track.

Hope everyone is well and things are good!
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Jan 21, 2008, 01:59 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Hey guys,

Made it through the new year and the house move, still settling in but it all went pretty well.
Anyone get any nice goodies from Santa ?.

Shaun, what time in two weeks, is it evening racing at Brendale all the time ?. Might be a tough one for me to make if it is but i'll try, i've been hanging to get out on the track again.

I hope they sort out the problem with the Gilston track, such a great venue it would be a shame to see it go to waste over a couple of go-carters misusing the track.

Hope everyone is well and things are good!
Hi Troy,.. your back, I thought you had abandoned us..! lol JK'n..

Good to hear your both settled in to the new house.. As for goodies from the man in red,.. No!,.. I have to make them myself now, did'nt you know..?

Racing at Brendale is every 2weeks, practice starts at 3.30pm, noms close at 5pm, and racing starts around 5.30-6pm.. Best thing about racing in the evening is, it's nice and cool and no probs with thermaling ESC's etc.. It would be a shame if you could'nt make it,.. the only other thing we could do is try to get in on the 1/5 TC days, thru the day, Sundays I think..

Yeah,.. I should go and have a look on the RCTech forum and see what's going on at Gilly these days.., hopefully something has been sorted out.. But a few meets at Brendale would be great too, till things get sorted..

Shaun
Old Jan 21, 2008, 02:44 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
hi guys,
during summer, every second 1/5 tc meeting is saturday night. winter, only sundays.
can't wait to get back up there and race again.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver