SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 01, 2007, 01:23 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Hello, thank you all for the kind words.

The girls are still doing very well, Rach mentioned that most of the time she doesn't feel like she just gave birth. I suggested she could make me some dinner then, but that didn't go down too well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82
It only lasts for a few years, time will heal the dull ache you will carry in your head while your feet carry you as a passenger for the next few months.
Lol, thanks Dez, that made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
Sounds like she is almost ready to pilot the pocket bike project
Yes, I think your right, she has big hands that would be able to grip the handle bars too. Im sure I don't need Rach's approval for that sort of thing....would I???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Looks like you might have to trade everything in for brabie dolls..
Na, I still have my barbie collection from......er hang on, your not meant to know that . I have seen barbies on the back of Kyosho HORs before, is that how you play with them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havago Racing
I would send flowers but it might look too creepy - particularly since we haven't met in person yet
Mate, my world is that upside down atm im sure I would not have detected the "creepy" element. Anyway, your right about the RC stuff, as Troy mentioned above I have her lined up as a rider for my pocket bike RC conversion project Im gunna try for the 9th still, depends on how the girls are doing.

Well, i still have a lot to learn (I gave Charlotte her first bath today) so better get back to it. Thanks again
Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2007, 01:10 AM
Joined Nov 2007
7 Posts
hi fellas, i smacked my tt nitro into the kerb today (my 2nd run) and broke one of the legs of the front fork, i was wondering if any australian hobbyshops stocked spare forks. thanks in advance

Jase
supercharged is offline Find More Posts by supercharged
Old Dec 02, 2007, 02:27 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hi supercharged,

been there, done that (a couple of times)

Kelletts Hobbies in Sydney is the TT importer and i've found they have stock of most of the basics when you need something fast.
http://www.kellettshobbies.com.au

Is it the fork shaft or the outer body?.
If its the shaft you can get hardened steel ones(PD6321) for not much more than the stock units(PD6575).

The shock bodies (PD6276-T) had to be ordered in last time I got some from there but you might get lucky. If they dont have stock you could get the FM1e units and they'll do the trick.

Failing that, we often get stuff from Bruce at http://www.2wheelhobbies.com in the US and it generally arives within a week of ordering (never waited more than 5 business days).
Postage is a bit more but that just encourages you to get more bits to make it worthwhile .
The range of stock at 2wheelhobbies would have to be the amongst best around.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Dec 02, 2007, 03:56 AM
Joined Nov 2007
7 Posts
hi troy, i think it was the fork shaft (snapped it clean off under the umm...... head stock bracket, or is it called bottom of the triple tree).

i didnt realise i could just buy the shafts i thought i would have to get the whole fork set (i found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RDLogics-Alum...QQcmdZViewItem )

i dont know if thats a good price/product? or if i need them at all as i have found i am not a great steerer and i will prob. break the next set just as fast lol

anyway im goin to go and see how many bits i can get these front forks into thanks for yr help
Old Dec 02, 2007, 04:06 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharged
hi fellas, i smacked my tt nitro into the kerb today (my 2nd run) and broke one of the legs of the front fork, i was wondering if any australian hobbyshops stocked spare forks. thanks in advance

Jase
I think nearly everyone that's run on a road has smacked the kerb and bent or broken their forks.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Dec 02, 2007, 04:26 AM
Joined Nov 2007
7 Posts
it wasnt a road, it was huuuuuge unused tour bus parking lot at this place

http://www.australianexplorer.com/ph..._big_prawn.htm

ugly huh, u should see it in real life lol, i am starting to think i should have started with electric first and learned to ride before i got a nitro, but i will keep pluggin away at it, at least it starts easier now with a few tanks of fuel through it
Old Dec 03, 2007, 04:32 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Thunder Tiger FM-1e Motorcycle Spotted another bike on eBay still cheap atm.
if anyone's interested...
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Dec 06, 2007, 02:37 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I hope you guys have ordered fine weather for sunday.
its a long way for me to come to get washed out.
see you all sunday
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Dec 07, 2007, 04:20 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Its been booked in Eden, it should all be good
Cloudy and 27C forecast for Sunday, Its been raining here on and off a bit this week, been a little grey today but no rain.

Looking forward to it, My bike is in bits as has become tradition for 2 days before a race meet but hopefully it pays off. Its been getting progressively uglier for the last 6 months, I think the new year will be time for a full make-over.

It'll be good to see you again Eden, looks like we going to have a good grid for Sunday Did you end up getting that other RG1 ?
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Dec 07, 2007, 04:59 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
No, I was just seeing if I could source some spare parts.

See you guys Sunday. Bringing my 1/8 bike with me also.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Dec 07, 2007, 09:42 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver
See you guys Sunday. Bringing my 1/8 bike with me also.

Eden
Yeah,.. me 2.. Looks like it should be good for the 9th.., but if not, on your way to the track, just stop off down the road at Coles and grab some party balloons.. See'ya sunday..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Dec 07, 2007, 08:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Sorry, I can't make it. Family commitments (I now have a whole lot more due to the new bub) have conspired against me. I will be marking every race meet on the calander next year though
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Dec 09, 2007, 05:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Well I had lots of fun on Sunday.
Big thanks also to Shaun, Troy, Lenny and Eden with there help, spare parts, advise and company.

I'm enjoying myself more and more. My lap count is climbing and I hope to be getting in amongst the action, holding my own very soon.
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Old Dec 09, 2007, 06:30 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Time Sheets - 9/12/2007...

Ok, here's the time sheets from yesterday..

We had three 7min heats and a 10min final for our last race meet for the year.. It was a realy low key day yesterday, only 3 classes, 5 people in TC-540, 2 people in TC-27T, and 5 of us with bikes.. It looked like there were more of us than cars..

It was good to have extra long heats, it gives you more time out on the track.. Everyone is improving realy quickly, Dave and Eden were getting PB's all day which is great to see.. Lenny has moved up alot too, 11 laps in the first heat.. Troy was doing ok too untill something happened in the 3rd heat, but then had to leave before the final, (I think he heard a whip cracking in the distance) ..

It would have been awesome to have all 8 of us there yesterday though, I'm sure we'll have a full grid of bikes sooner or later.. I think next year we'll find a few more guys will pick up on the bikes and join in on the fun..

Btw, over the festy break if anyone's thinking of getting in some practice somewhere let us know, I'd be keen to come along..

Anyway,.. looking forward to next year, and looking forward to the GP/08.. (I think we'll pretty much have a full grid of bikes for the GP)..

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; Dec 09, 2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2007, 06:54 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Also too, we tried to get our time sheets sorted out properly in the Final so their readable, and look right,.. they may be right but you can't see the individual lap times etc.. I should ask Chris next time to print our time sheets out the same way as the TC time sheets are.. At least their sheets are readable and look right... From day one I've never been able to read our time sheets..

Shaun