HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 08, 2006, 10:47 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be meeting up with a few guys at the new track at Gilston on the 17th of this month if anyone else is interested..!? It should be an awesome track for bike racing, 5mtr wide lanes!.. Nice!..

Also, J (RXion),.. are you still thinking of coming up for their opening day..? (23rd I think?) I got onto Chris, the Onraod track President, and he's given us the go ahead to do a demo race then.. See if any other guys from down that way would want to come up with you for the day, or the weekend etc.. A good time to show what the bikes are capable of..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2006, 03:35 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Here's some pics of the new track at Gilston on the GoldCoast... The pic is a week or so old and since then they have put down the ripple strips/curbs etc... Still, the rest of the venue needs finishing,.. fences, drivers stand, pits etc etc...

Shaun
Old Oct 02, 2006, 02:21 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
gilston

Hi Shaun, I was there on Sunday at about midday and they were full swing in race day. The layout looks awesome, very fast and like you say, very wide track.
There was a handfull of 1/5th scale car guys there but I didnt get to see them race.
I spoke to a guy (forgot his name..) about the bikes and he said if we had 3 people ready to race it would be enough to start a class. I'm definitely keen for this to happen . I tlooks like you've been trying to get it happening for the last few yrs from what I read on the forums. Maybe we're about to see it come to life!.
I'm due to get my bike this week. I've been looking at a novak 5800 BL system for it, is that the same as you're using in the EP ?.

I've got some serious practicing ahead of me to get up to speed methinks
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Oct 02, 2006, 04:03 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Awesome..! That's great news.. It looks like it would be you, me and Ben then,.. till Terry and Macka get organized..

I wonder if you spoke to Chris then..?, he's the onroad president.. So 3 then, it's 4-5 or more at Brendale.. Well, that's cool, I'm keen as too..

About the Novak 5800ss/BL, I've got one if you want to borrow it for a while..?? It's upto you, I don't mind.. (Ben's loaned it for a while before too,.. so if it does'nt work, blame him.. )

Shaun
Old Oct 02, 2006, 05:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Awesome..! That's great news.. It looks like it would be you, me and Ben then,.. till Terry and Macka get organized..

I wonder if you spoke to Chris then..?, he's the onroad president.. So 3 then, it's 4-5 or more at Brendale.. Well, that's cool, I'm keen as too..

About the Novak 5800ss/BL, I've got one if you want to borrow it for a while..?? It's upto you, I don't mind.. (Ben's loaned it for a while before too,.. so if it does'nt work, blame him.. )

Shaun
Yer, take a real close look at that thing before you take it Troy as my driving style is best described as abuse.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Oct 02, 2006, 05:49 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Yer, take a real close look at that thing before you take it Troy as my driving style is best described as abuse.

Ben
LOL..

Hey Troy, let us know when you get your bike..? If Ben's keen, we'll come down to the track on Sat or Sun and get you setup.., and run them ofcorse.. I've got some old 3300 NiMh packs you can use too, if you don't have any already..

Shaun
Old Oct 02, 2006, 03:27 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Heh, I think after Ben see's me on the track he is going to feel a lot better about his riding style.

Thanks for the offer, It might be good to try it out before laying down a couple hundred bucks for it, cheers

I've got my brother sending me a couple of 540 brushed motors too, I dont know if they're any good but we will see. I dont have any battery packs yet but I figured they were easy enough to come by.
From the look of it (the FM1e), it's all standard kit components, the guy said it had been run twice but it dosent even have any visible scratches on it. I'm chasing up some replacement tyres for it while waiting. Should be here any day now
I'll grab some pics when I get it.

Cheers
Old Oct 02, 2006, 03:35 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Here's some pics of the new track at Gilston on the GoldCoast... The pic is a week or so old and since then they have put down the ripple strips/curbs etc... Still, the rest of the venue needs finishing,.. fences, drivers stand, pits etc etc...

Shaun

Hey that photo is upside down!!!

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Oct 03, 2006, 12:29 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Hey that photo is upside down!!!

Chris
Chris,.. that's because your looking at it from the other side of the globe..! lol

Shaun
Old Oct 06, 2006, 04:08 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Troy,.. has your bike turned up yet..?
Old Oct 06, 2006, 04:44 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Nah not yet, i've been hanging out for it, expecting it every day for the last 3 days but hasnt turned up yet. I've e-mailed the guy earlier so I should get some info soon hopefully.

I've ordered some gandini tyres from formby in the UK and also waiting on batteries to turn up for the Kyosho so I should have a big mail day coming up, just not today

In the meantime i've managed to fit the lexan front fairing over the stock body on the kyosho and it looks great, you'd hardly know it was on there. I'll take some pics soon.
Just got to heat up the tail/tank to get it stretched over the rest of it. Love the lexan body . Thanks again!.

Still wouldnt mind catching up this weekend if you're up for it ?
Old Oct 06, 2006, 05:08 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Still wouldnt mind catching up this weekend if you're up for it ?
Maybe it'll turn up next week.. Are they racing at Gilston this weekend/sunday..? I'll have a look at their site and find out.. If they are, tomorrow might be ok with me, I have to see yet..

Shaun
Old Oct 06, 2006, 06:16 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Ok Troy,.. Sunday looks good to me, what about you..? I'll give you a call/pm tomorrow night so we can work out a place to meet etc... I'll see what Ben's upto aswell...

Shaun
Old Oct 06, 2006, 11:01 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
I'm jealous, thats a fine track, how smooth is it actually, I would expect just about glass if they are doing a good job. Lets see some vids on that track!

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Oct 06, 2006, 04:05 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hi Shaun, that sounds great, i'll speak to you this arvo. There dosent appear to be any racing on this weekend but i'm sure we'll bump into a couple of car guys getting some practice in. From what I saw last week they could use it

Chris, It is very smooth, I dont think they'd lay bitumen like that for proper roads, it would be too slick. The 1/10 cars on it last week werent having any problems with grip though.
I'll take some pics and maybe a small vid or two tomorrow.