HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2002, 05:50 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Sep 2001
5,350 Posts
Bristol Beaufighter or DC3-Dakota

Hi,

http://www.hvp-modell.cz/english.html

I went to this site and saw these 2 nice planes. Any feedback on them would be welcome, and if anyone tried both and could comment, that would be great.

I understand they come ARC.
Patrick Plawner is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Plawner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2002, 05:55 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Sep 2001
5,350 Posts
Just want to add that I did already the search on the zone, so I mean anything to add to these.
Patrick Plawner is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Plawner
Old Jan 17, 2002, 07:19 AM
Brampton
Joined Sep 2001
1,439 Posts
Pat
Have had a chance to check kits out! local shop
has the DC3 and Albatross & Bristol.
There $$ but a real nice. Wing is one piece balsa skinned foam core piece of art!! All select wood threw out.
Fuse molding is real sharp and clean.
These are not you're average third world splat together ARC models.
Hmmm just I can't afford one. HD getting parts chromed;-0
If you have a big pond close the Albatross is the ticket.
Thanks for the link. You're gonna get me in trouble.
PanzyPoof is offline Find More Posts by PanzyPoof
Old Jan 27, 2002, 03:22 PM
Antwerp, Belgium
Joined Jan 2002
194 Posts
hi Patrick,

i'm the proud owner of the hvp Beaufighter. I equiped it with two speed 480's, Graupner 6x4 Speedprops and 8 Panasonic 2000 NiMH cells (much lighter than the 2400 or 3000 cells). Flight performance is good ,very scale-like and without vices. Since i can only use it on a grass field, I didn't install the landing gear but reinforced the engine nacelles so I could belly-land it (and in the proces save 30g).

I must say that the kit was of first-class quality (one of the best i've ever seen). It builds very easily (ORC) and you will be amazed by the quality of the individual parts. Okay it's not the the cheapest kit available but if you want a high quality kit with very convincing scale looks wich actually flies great, this one is hard to beat.

I haven't flown the DC-3 but i hope this may convince you

Stephane
Stephane is offline Find More Posts by Stephane