SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2004, 05:24 PM
Canadian Airboat Guy
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Jun 2004
17 Posts
Dumas Drag 'N Fly 20

Hello all,

Has anyone heard or even built a Dumas Drag 'N Fly 20? I was just given one from a friend, and wondering if anyone has any building tips, or even running hardware selection tips? This will be my first boat that my Fiancee and I will be putting together (ok she's building and I'm supervising!!) I know this is quite an old kit just not sure how old....anyone have a clue? It has a few missing pieces (1 former and the engine plate) but that will not be a problem to fix.

Thanks for the help!!
Bonehead is offline Find More Posts by Bonehead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2004, 07:48 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,941 Posts
A friend of mine has a Dragonfly 60 so I'm kind of familiar with it. These are pretty vintage boats, going back to the `60's or `70's. I wouldn't use the Dumas hardware but someting more updated like Octura pieces. Use a flex cable setup instead of the old shaft drive for ease of setting up and adjusting. Build it light if possible.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:50 AM
Canadian Airboat Guy
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Jun 2004
17 Posts
Thanks for the info Ron.

That's the replies that I have been getting everywhere. So then it's settled.....I'm going with a flex drive setup!!

Any info on where the prop should be to the transom? Even to it, or a little behind it?

Thanks
Bonehead is offline Find More Posts by Bonehead
Old Jul 13, 2004, 04:40 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,941 Posts
Most are set up with the prop just under the transom. The boats were designed for this setup. If you don't plan on ever racing it, some have been experimenting with a transom mounted strut.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson