HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2004, 01:25 AM
Joined Feb 2004
19 Posts
[FS] Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass and Carbon/Kevlar Sleeves

Aerosleeves are a simple way to strengthen standard spar tubing or create full composite fuselages, tubing or nearly anything where no seam is desired and tapered, flared or non-linear shape is needed.

Unlike stretchy socks, or fragile fabrics, Aerosleeves are easy to handle sleeves that outperform other materials. Braided from the same fibers you would find in a woven fabric, Aerosleeves readily accept all epoxies.

All that is required to lay up is a tube to be reinforced or properly prepared mandrel or fuselage mold. Simply slide Aerosleeves onto the tube, pull from both ends and the sleeving compresses and constricts to the size and shape profile needed, with no chance of bubbles or inconsistencies in the lay up. With no seam to deal with, your end result will look more professional and hold up to significantly higher loadings.

Aerosleeves are perfect for smooth clean lines in sailplanes, engine exhaust tubing, spar tubing, pattern plane fuselages and more.

Used for years in commercial and aerospace projects because of its remarkable properties, Aerosleeves are a time tested, easy to use composite product for symmetrical and non symmetrical, high performance seamless composites applications.

Available in a range of standard sizes, and 3 different materials to choose. Be sure to ask for different sizes and weights for your "non-standard" projects.

More information may be found at http://www.aerosleeves.com
nichanderson is offline Find More Posts by nichanderson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2004, 01:37 AM
Danger! Danger!
Portland Intl, Oregon, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,917 Posts
Did I read this correctly, they won't work on tapered, flared or non-linear shapes? This sounds like an awesome alternative to standard fiberglassing on a foam fuselage for a gulfstream IV project I'll be working on soon. Are the sizes the inside diameter or the width of the strip when it's layed flat... or some other measurement? Also, are custom sizes available; Say I needed some for a 6 inch diameter fuselage?

Thanks.

-Frank
FrankW is offline Find More Posts by FrankW
Old Jun 21, 2004, 02:09 AM
Joined Feb 2004
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW
Did I read this correctly, they won't work on tapered, flared or non-linear shapes? This sounds like an awesome alternative to standard fiberglassing on a foam fuselage for a gulfstream IV project I'll be working on soon. Are the sizes the inside diameter or the width of the strip when it's layed flat... or some other measurement? Also, are custom sizes available; Say I needed some for a 6 inch diameter fuselage?

Thanks.

-Frank
Yikes ? Where did you see that ?

"simple way to strengthen standard spar tubing or create full composite fuselages, tubing or nearly anything where no seam is desired and tapered, flared or non-linear shape is needed. "

It WILL fit over almost any smooth shape, straight rectangles may be difficult. The sizes it will expand or constrict to are shown on the site, these change for each size.

The size is when the sleeve is at its nominal, 45 deg angle. (normal diameter) You can expand or constrict the sleeves to the sizes shown on the site, this will change the angle of the braid. Also, it will change the yield of the sleeve. If you try and use 2" sleeves at 2.5" size, you will have to use more material than 1 yard at the 2" size to meet your 1 yard length. We can provide technical data for the braid at different sizes.

Yes, we have some 6" carbon and 6" fiberglass sleeves. Use the contact form at www.aerosleeves.com to request a quote as we don't have this listed as a standard size yet.

Thanks,

Nick Anderson
http://www.aerosleeves.com
nichanderson is offline Find More Posts by nichanderson