SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2002, 07:32 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Problem with Leisure/Cermark OSC-4 Speed Control!!

I picked up this speed control and cannot get any power through it. The soldier joints at the on-off switch were broken but I've re-done them. There is power coming up from the battery and into the control but I lose the juce there.... Any ideas or suggestions?? It looks brand new and there is no burned electronics smell to the thing... It is supposed to handle 6-20 cells and has a little switch on the side of the control that looks like you adjust with a very small flat blade screwdriver... Any help would be appreciated!!
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2002, 07:49 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
HUMMMM... No bites, how about a URL for Leasure?? I found the bingo site on a web search and a few other "Leisure" activity sites but not the Leasure site...
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:51 PM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,295 Posts
You are using a receiver battery with this ESC right? This one doesn't have BEC and won't power the RX. It should work OK otherwise. Try contacting Cermark.

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
Old Jan 24, 2002, 04:49 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
No I'm not Greg!! I'll try the receiver battery this morning. Quite frankly, Im used to having the BEC and assumed that all SC's didn't need a reciever battery... The SC didn't come with directions.

Thanks for the help!!
Old Jan 24, 2002, 08:10 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Greg,

I am unworthy!! (Bowing to you)
I pluged in a rec battery and it works great!!!
Thank you ohhh knowledgeable one.....
I was starting to think I had gotted e-screwed on the deal I made for the control and would have a hassle getting it to work!!

AHHHHH... It's great to be a happy camper again...
Old Jan 27, 2002, 11:00 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,281 Posts
Don

The point you missed is the fact that BEC speed controlers are limited to 10 or 12 cells. Seems it is difficult (or impossible ) to get a BEC to work with the higher voltages. Check out this months articles for some further insight from the real experts.
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Jan 29, 2002, 03:26 AM
Professional Goofball
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2000
1,001 Posts
You might also try running a tap on your power pack so you don't need to use a seperate receiver battery pack. Keep in mind though that you will have to watch your power as when the power pack runs down you lose radio power as well.

Jeffrey Park
Orange County Aeronauts
www.microflight.org
OCModels is offline Find More Posts by OCModels
Old Jan 29, 2002, 07:52 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Thanks Bill and Jeffrey,

I had thought about tapping the main battery but the glider flys super as it's currently set up. Eliminating the reciever pack would save some weight though.

Bill, your articles are excellent! i read and enjoy them whenever you post!!