SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:49 AM
Oz Micro Antenna Maker
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
268 Posts
Any experience to buy from www.i-tech.com.au ?

I ordered a dragonfly from i-tech middle of last week. I still haven't received it. I rang up their advertised phone about 10 different times and it just rings out. I sent 2 emails and no replies. They have already debitted my credit card the day after I ordered .

Has anyone bought from this mob? I'm about to ring my credit card company and ask for a reversal.

I was planning to join the Melbourne guys who's started hiring a YMCA hall. But not without a helicopter!
ovaltine is offline Find More Posts by ovaltine
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:13 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
hmmm..they at least look legit. I get the feeling it's more a case of lousy service than ripping you off. Hopefully it will turn up soon.

The next Melbourne meet is Sunday July 11, which gives you some time at least. Even if you don't have a heli, you can still come and have a look.

If you don't hear from them, and you get your money back, get the modelflight deal. It's pretty good.
OzzieFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzzieFlyer
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:15 AM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
From their advert: "PCM Transmitter included", surprising that a Dragonfly with Tx for $305 has a PCM tx. I'd make sure you get a PCM tx as well if that's what they advertise.

Ovaltine, not sure how much you know already but if you don't know what PCM is, its worth looking into and I'd make sure you got a PCM Tx. PCM is more expensive, I wonder if you get a PCM Rx as well?

But I'd give it at least a couple of weeks, although this isn't exactly a hobby shop, the hobby industry has fairly bad service compared to other industries.

A diredct email inside the company is Simon Chan: simonc@i-tech.com.au
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Last edited by dankers; Jun 18, 2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 07:09 PM
Adelaide, AUS
Joined Apr 2004
285 Posts
You should be fine. i-tech and other resellers source their product from toyrange. There are a lot of resellers who have what appears to be the same stock and all of these originate from Toyrange in Adelaide.

The older 2003 Feda Dragonfly that they brought into Australia DOES come with a PCM transmitter. It is the Zhen Hua PCM. There is still a little bit of that stock with resellers, but new stock will be the GWS 2004 Dragonfly which has the GWS FM transmitter.

Give it another couple of days and I'm sure it will turn up.

There is a chance they don't actually hold any stock of Dragonflys and they need to get them as ordered from Toyrange. If this is the case it will be a week or so. Toyrange have NONE of the old FEDA Dragonflys left and whilst they have the Physical 2004 GWS they are awaiting replacment chargers as the wrong ones were shipped from China.
Squeezer is offline Find More Posts by Squeezer
Last edited by Squeezer; Jun 18, 2004 at 07:40 PM.