Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 16, 2004, 04:19 AM
Victoria, BC
Joined Jun 2004
6 Posts
Question
Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Aerofoam's F4U Corsair?

I've been thinking of getting the Corsair from Aerofoam.

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with their Corsair?
It looks like it would be a challenge to build, but I'm up for that.
Navy Air is offline Find More Posts by Navy Air
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2004, 03:01 PM
Vancouver WA
Joined May 2004
1,335 Posts
Go for it! I always appreciate something a bit different. I have no experience at all with Aerofoam or the Corsair. But it's not a huge $$ risk, maybe you can be the guniea pig for all of us

ericm
ericm is offline Find More Posts by ericm
Old Jun 16, 2004, 04:16 PM
Cedar Park, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,436 Posts
My friend had one. It didn't look like a difficult build to me. He wasn't able to fly it, but I had no problems with it. I thought it was fairly stable and quick.
McGrrr is offline Find More Posts by McGrrr
Old Jun 16, 2004, 04:19 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,065 Posts
I've never built one but I have flown a few of them. They fly good in good air as they tend to be a little on the heavy side. If your site is decent and you get 20+mph winds then it can be a good flyer if built right. Several of the ones I have flown had wing issues. It's really easy to get a twist in them wings so you do need to be very carefull when building the wings. I have made a 60" corsair and I had a helluva time getting the wing panels straight too. The wings really want to twist as they go around the bend. Corsair's just look awsome in the air though.

TFLG
TFLG is online now Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Jun 16, 2004, 04:31 PM
All work and no play
Lucas, KS
Joined Apr 2003
2,042 Posts
I saw one fly in Kansas. Looked good. It did like more wind.
legliderman is online now Find More Posts by legliderman
Old Jun 16, 2004, 06:07 PM
Sherpa
La Quinta, Ca.
Joined Sep 2003
1,629 Posts
I had one about three years ago. After I received some help in straightening the wings out if flew quite well. I would definitely use two servos in the wing. The kit shows one servo. I didin't get it to work well and switched to two servos. Afterward I had a blast. It flies better in more wind. It definitely is not a light wind bird. As TFLG says they look great in the air. Good luck with yours and have fun.

Rick
Schwemmer is offline Find More Posts by Schwemmer