SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:12 PM
Zooom Zooom
Flint Bishop, Michigan, United States
Joined Apr 2004
157 Posts
Any GWS Mini-Max advice or feedback?

I just bought a Mini-Max on Ebay. I want to put it together and this kit has a "new addendum improvement" for added durability that includes a small, 4" aluminum shaft that is used to provide strength to the wings.

Any tips on building/flying this thing that you can share as I am building it?

Thanks!
deeman is offline Find More Posts by deeman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:29 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2002
302 Posts
Great little plane and if you enter min-max in the search function you should come up with lots of tips. There are many but the first that comes to mind is adding bamboo skewers to strengthen the wings. Get some long skishkabob skewers and place them under the wings. They should be glued with 5 min epoxy to the underside making sure that they pass and are glued to each other in the center of the wing under the saddle.Sorry I have no pictures to show you as I no longer have a mini to show you. Several of us learned how to fly with that little guy. It is not very strong for crashes but just keep glueing it back as you need to. Like all too many you do not indicate a location of where you live so many of us will not reply to posts, you should consider adding that and you may find someone close who will be more then happy to come to your aid. Gud Flying......Dick
Dick is offline Find More Posts by Dick
Last edited by Dick; Jun 15, 2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 02:36 PM
Fort Collins, CO
Joined Sep 2002
97 Posts
This was the first plane I actually got airborne. Flew well enough stock, but would recommend the skewers on the wings as well. Make sure you make your first flight on a calm day.
mountain flyer is offline Find More Posts by mountain flyer