HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2004, 04:03 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,670 Posts
Updated FMS Model - GWS Slow Stick

Hi folks, I've just updated the GWS Slow Stick model with a more accurate 3D file. The wing chord is longer. The horiz. stab. is longer and not as rounded. I've positioned the servos more accurately and swiveled and enlarged the motor a bit. I modified the wing art. The .par received a little adjustment by adding a bit of DRAG for a more accurate flying experience.

You can find the updated Slow Stick file on my website.

Thanks again for trying it out, give me some feedback if your stick flys different. Thanks also to Shinichiro_Nishiya for letting me update his original 3D model to more accurately resemble the Slow Stick.

-- ggunners

ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ggunners; Jun 14, 2004 at 10:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:49 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
Sweet
Wufnu is offline Find More Posts by Wufnu
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:32 PM
Mentone, CA
Joined Jan 2004
242 Posts
Is it for 2.8?
tvwebguy is offline Find More Posts by tvwebguy
Old Jun 19, 2004, 09:32 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvwebguy
Is it for 2.8?
Yes, if you want to use the model for 2.7, just borrow the FKstick.par file for version 2.7 and use it with this .x file.

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2006, 09:30 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2 Posts
I realize this thread is a couple years old, thank you ggunners for making this fms model available. Wind conditions here made actual flying not possible so I spent a lot of time practicing with the FKstick8.par. This weekend flew the real thing with light winds and flew & landed multiple times without even a broken prop.

Is there a version of the FKstick8 with ailerons? I've tried using the 2.8-plane-field-editor to add them, but so far have only succeeded in changing my rudder to the left stick or channel 1. I set the flap-chord to 0.070, flap-degrees -10 on the left wing and flap-channel to 3, but now the steering stick only has elevators with still no ailerons.

I'd really like to get this working at it's a great fms model and I love the slowstick, and would like to add ailerons to it.

Thanks, Dan
dcrave is offline Find More Posts by dcrave
Old Mar 05, 2006, 10:02 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2 Posts
Ah, nevermind. I compared it to the aileronstick fms model that's out using pareditor and found that I left out the value for the 'end of the flap' Works great now!
dcrave is offline Find More Posts by dcrave
Old Mar 06, 2006, 08:23 PM
Brute Force and Ignorance
Rocky Point, NC
Joined Nov 2005
153 Posts
Hey dcrave, could you send that to me a battlemg@hotmail.com?
Battlemg is offline Find More Posts by Battlemg
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:09 PM
Joined Feb 2007
428 Posts
Hi, bringing back a dead thread I loaded this into fms and mine seems really sluggish at take off, wants to go left all the time, and doesn't not respond that well to turns (takes forever to turn). I tried a parkflyer on RF and had not problems. This one seems hard to fly. What am I doing wrong? I hightly doubt you guys are flying the way mine seems to be functioning. Any suggestions
ap4me is offline Find More Posts by ap4me
Old Jul 29, 2007, 01:57 PM
England, UK
Joined Feb 2007
110 Posts
My slow stick does not work in the version of FMS I have. It just sits on the runway not responding to any inputs at all.

I tried installing a different version of FMS but it crashes on startup.

I'm running version 2.0 beta 7.

Can I edit the par file or something to get it working?
duckalliance is offline Find More Posts by duckalliance