SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Ron van Sommeren, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:41 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
I have two sets of these. They have 3.5mm plugs on one end. it enables me to hook up any motor (see if it runs.. see which way it turns ect) without soldering to the motor's leads.. One set is for small motors.. One set is made from a cut up connection block from a large audio speaker. Saves me lots of time I use them all the time..
Jimbo
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2006, 12:51 AM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,270 Posts
Eljimbo.

Thanks for tip. this is a clone of your idea.

Manuel V.
manuel v is offline Find More Posts by manuel v
Old Nov 01, 2006, 07:17 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,518 Posts
scource for flux ring materials

Originally Posted by mlh1961
The fork tube that attaches the forks to the frame, is a good one, most are a tad over 1 inch OD, and generally do not have a seam due to the gooseneck clamping inside the tube. Alot of the down tubes and main back tubes work, along with the seat posts. You can even use the bearing carrier where the pedals attach, and the head post if you need a larger ring.

You can generally find bikes for little or no money, either as junk or at a yard sale for a couple of bucks.

Mitch
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:02 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,790 Posts
Added, must read diy chapters:
http://www.gobrushless.com/kb/index.php?title=Articles
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2001
10,790 Posts
When in a very tight winding situation, round the top of the wire to remove the burr. This will prevent it from scratching the insulation (shorts ).
Or, as Don (bz1mcr) put it:
Dull the end of the wire when sewing the last turns in.
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Dec 31, 2006 at 07:04 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 08:30 PM
Joined Nov 2005
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
Site says it is retailed by NAPA and Murry's auto stores, that should pretty well cover the USA.

Is this the product that desolves CA?
"PB Penetrating Catalyst-Quickly breaks loose the surface tension of frozen parts and protects against further rust and corrosion."

If you need to disolve ca just use acetone in a small jar. It works slick and is cheap
DuBonnet is offline Find More Posts by DuBonnet
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
Joined Feb 2001
10,790 Posts
Added:
Motor construction articles by Christo v.d. Merwe, user 'skylar' here at rcgroups (nice motor colours )
www.bavaria-direct.co.za
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:50 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,156 Posts
We filmed an experienced winder when he did a class for our club. Maybe it can help someone.

www.utahflyers.org

I also made a buzzer that attaches for the entire winding and alarms at the slightest short. I found a buzzer at Radio Shack that will handle the voltage of a 3 cell lipo and put a plug so I can just plug in one of the lipos I seem to have laying around. I hook one end of the buzzer lead to the wire being wound and the other to a bolt on which I mount the motor. I can wind accurately the first attempt almost every time.

I ground the end of a 3/8" X 3" bolt so it gently screws securely into the stator and will hold it while I wind. I covered it with electrical tape so I don't accidentally touch my alligator clips together getting false alarms.

We are winding hot 20 mm motors with 8 winds of 22 gauge wire for a ballistic 36 wing we fly. We have had speeds in excess of 80 mph on an outrunner single and higher than 100 mph on a double. I don't think outrunners were designed to do this but it sure is fun when they do.

Lee
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Aug 20, 2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 08:16 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,518 Posts
Here is an idea that came to me contemplating sharp edges stators causing shorts,take the pack coat the face with hard setting epoxy and dip into a tray of miro balloons ,the micro's overlap the sharp edges ,it may take a couple of coats any overflow can be trimmed flush with the inside with a *11 blade.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:26 AM
flying thing
Joined Mar 2005
562 Posts
Save weight on cdrom motor:
replace shaft with a stylus pen.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643984
lostrider is offline Find More Posts by lostrider
Old Apr 05, 2007, 01:03 PM
Joined Oct 2005
195 Posts
Best tool i have found to pack windings is a tooth broken off a plastic fork. Jams thing more flatly than a bamboo skewer and is also wedge shaped. Method of discovery... forgot to bring skewer to work when I was going to wind a motor during break... and cheaper that CF flat rod.
darkmask is offline Find More Posts by darkmask
Old Apr 06, 2007, 06:56 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,178 Posts
A broken plastic prop blade can be shaped as desired and used for this purpose, it can also be shaped into an epoxy glue spreader, etc. The epoxy can be removed later on.

I have one such blade I have been using for years - certainly much longer than the broken prop
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
Revs the **** outta a ASP FS70
Sweden
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
Heres my contribution to the cd-rom motor gallery: http://diymania.hv4all.com/motor%20c...%20cd%20motor/
Tekko is offline Find More Posts by Tekko
Old May 05, 2007, 07:34 AM
Revs the **** outta a ASP FS70
Sweden
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
Heres another cd-rom motor: http://diymania.hv4all.com/motor%20c...d-rom%20motor/

Note: i used the orig magnet ring because there are no magnets available that are small enough.
Tekko is offline Find More Posts by Tekko
Old Aug 04, 2007, 06:30 PM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,270 Posts
discontinued video.
manuel v is offline Find More Posts by manuel v
Last edited by manuel v; Mar 29, 2009 at 01:57 AM.