SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Ron van Sommeren, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:49 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,242 Posts
australian online seller:

http://www.signwarehouse.com.au/inde...roducts_id=908
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:16 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,022 Posts
Update on the PB. Tested on a second can with more attention to details. PB does not dissolve or even break down Ca in any way. What it seems to do is wick between the Ca and metal, reducing the bond. BTW, soaking doesn't help. Some ingredient evaporates. Still, the magnets came right out after a re-spray and some prying.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Jan 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,517 Posts
tacho aid for no loads.

sometime back i found a use for some of those white plastic gears found in cdroms, some are a nice firm fit onto a 3mm motor shaft ,to wich i glue a 2''~2,5'' disc cut from a heavy clear plastic packaging film,with one of those exacto circle cutters,to wich i stick either black or white tape across the middle, they run smooth as and easy to push on and get off.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Feb 05, 2006, 04:02 PM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,269 Posts
Orientation off magnets. you can't go wrong.
North and south not is necesary to know.
manuel v is online now Find More Posts by manuel v
Last edited by manuel v; Feb 05, 2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2006, 04:44 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,608 Posts
Manuel,
Nice tip.
Your diagram is shows flat magnets, but I think it will also work for curved magnets if they are first arranged in one long stack as in your first figure. After that as long as the marks end up together at every other joint as you last figure shows, you can't go wrong.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Feb 17, 2006, 04:21 AM
Beaverdam Creek, VA
Joined Aug 2005
2,322 Posts
LRK is 3 guys initials who invented that type of motor. I think it was originally for electric vehicles (much larger of course) and they were trying to eliminate cogging.

Classic LRK only has 6 out of 12 teeth wound. Distributed LRK takes half the windings eg. from tooth one and puts them on tooth 2 CCW (if tooth one was CW).

If you look here:
http://www.powerditto.de/Kombinationstabelle2.html
at the 12 slot/10 pole and 14 pole combinations he lists distributed and classic LRK winding schemes.

http://www.southernsoaringclub.org.za/articles.html
Look here at "Electric Motors" parts 1-5, he discusses LRK in part 3 but it's all good info.

Good Luck!

BTW, your calculations on copper density have nothing to do with Kv. The density affects efficiency, but Kv is dependant mainly on the # of turns. See my post here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476829

Your motor, OTOH, with 30 turns may not be too useful (it might be OK on 4-5S) but it was good practice. Super low Kv motors, unless run at high voltage are only efficient at very low currents.
BeavrdamElectric is offline Find More Posts by BeavrdamElectric
Last edited by BeavrdamElectric; Feb 17, 2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2006, 07:53 PM
Wind is the devil.
Joined Aug 2005
1,030 Posts
GBv1.1 Kit

I found one trick for press fitting the shaft and bell to pass on to other newbies:

I used a bearing tube, fitted with a bushing (figured the bushing would be less likely to allow any shaft angle), and brand new stator to fit the shaft into the bell bore. I taped the stator, around the hammerheads, to ensure a snug airgap. I removed the plastic ring from the GBv tiny shaft (pushed through bushing) and began slowly tapping the shaft into the bell through the bushing/stator. I sat the entire motor over a block of wood with a hole in the center so I could push the shaft through the bell.

I didnt glue the bearing tube into he stator, so that I could remove the tube without having to unseat the stator. This was done so I could slowly set the shaft at the proper level to ensure the plastic ring would fit correctly with the bearing tube.

Once I finished, I replaced the plastic ring, and inserted it into the wound stator.
Argyle is offline Find More Posts by Argyle
Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:03 AM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,269 Posts
Multiple wire chart.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 05:50 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Joined Apr 2004
10,517 Posts
When gluing mags end to end or even side by side for that special
modify a strong crocodile clip by adding a 3mm square of plastic glued to one half jaw,after gluing in the first row of mags use this to clamp down on the second row magnet after positioning as close as you can then while clamped you use a nonmagnetic tool to push the mag into its final position then add loctite to the outer edge after about 10 seconds remove then jump a space and do the next magnet.cheers,
Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:47 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Joined Apr 2004
10,517 Posts
olmods stator winder mk2

I have revamped my origonal design to allow me to wind longer stators, the chuck off an old drill is a good mod' it allows up to 10mm bearing tubes,the rest of the parts were from an old vcr plus some allum stock,loc-tite 480 black max was used to glue some of the parts together, its first job was a 30mm long stator wound with .83mm wire wich was no problem
Old May 01, 2006, 02:57 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Joined Apr 2004
10,517 Posts
re comments

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510435
Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:54 PM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,269 Posts
Photos of a method already mentioned to remove magnets of the bell.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:40 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,790 Posts
I did a bit of cleaning up in this thread. Removed unanswered questions, thank you's, compliments and links gone bad.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
diy motor building tips & tricks
diy brushless motor discussion group
Drive Calculator download & discussion group
int. E fly-in & diy outrunner meet, Aug.26 2007, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:44 PM
Indio, CA.
Joined Sep 2005
511 Posts
Here are a couple of my tips for motor building.

1) I use a tapered punch clamped in a vise to hold my stator while I wind it.

2) I made a beeper from a pizzo buzzer and a 9V battery as an instant short tester. You can attach it to the start tail of your wind and ground it to your vise or metalic stator post. It will sound off when a wire is nicked.

3) I use old tooth brushes cut down to various shapes for pushing/pressing windings.

4) Some old dental tools work very well for winding too.

5) In a pinch you can use black iron pipe from a hardware store turned to the proper dimensions for flux wrings.
mlh1961 is offline Find More Posts by mlh1961
Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:30 PM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,269 Posts
Very useful to clear the C- clip. fact of a flat screw driver. Put a magnet of the opposite side so that it receives the C- clip.