SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 16, 2004, 07:19 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Fussa
Joined Jul 2003
238 Posts
car crash

Hummingbird111- If I'm thinking of the right video, That might have been the sound of my prop flying off at 26,000 rpm. Didn't hear any cars crashing while I was out there.
blueman is offline Find More Posts by blueman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2004, 09:11 AM
what wing man??
Nashville Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
1,742 Posts
ok well ,,he he he ,,, i thought i heard either that or it sounded like somebody rattling trashcans banging,,,,humm,,??? well glad everythings ok ,,,
hummingbird111 is offline Find More Posts by hummingbird111
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:00 AM
Salt Lake City
Joined Jul 2003
323 Posts
Blueman,
what is the length of the fuselage?

Thanks,
Saeed
Saeed is offline Find More Posts by Saeed
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:16 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,221 Posts
Wow!!! I can't believe that was scratch built! Looks like it came out of a box! EXCELLENT job!!!

And I agree that does sound like a car crash at the end of the second vid!

Thorough congratulations dude!
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Jun 16, 2004, 05:50 PM
Japan, Tokyo, Fussa
Joined Jul 2003
238 Posts
Car crash

Hummingbird- I watched the video again with the volume a little higher and your right! That does sound like screaching tires and clashing metal. I didn't notice that, kinda wierd, hmm? Happy to say there was no incident that day. I can't recall what that noise is?

Saeed- the length of the fuse is 17"

hogster- thanks for the kudo's, I'm glad you like it.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 08:47 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,717 Posts
Blueman you've been "X"'d .

Sorry , couldn't resist. I have a few corrections to the plans yet and also my dimensions were just a guess so I'll wait for a test flight and your approval before or if I publish them.
Bill Bergman is offline Find More Posts by Bill Bergman
Old Jun 16, 2004, 08:51 PM
La Grange, Georgia, United States
Joined Nov 2001
797 Posts
I bet a J250 would be great in a wing like this!
emoone is offline Find More Posts by emoone
Old Jun 16, 2004, 09:01 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,717 Posts
Emoone your probably right but I think I'll go with a cd rom motor since I have 6 or more laying around.

By the way, the wing is two layer but I squished them a little too tight and the photo doesn't pick up the thickness very welll.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 09:31 PM
Japan, Tokyo, Fussa
Joined Jul 2003
238 Posts
looks good

Bill- Nice plane! Looks familiar It looks a little more refined than mine, Is there a hatch cut into it somewhere for the radio gear? You can reproduce this design with my blessing, as long as you put my name on every square inch of it! (just kidding) I'm just happy to see something I created draw so much attention. Since you have the means to produce plans, share it with the r/c world. Can't wait for your flight report. And video?

Oh yeah, are your dimensions about the same as mine? And go with the CD rom, one hot enough to melt the leading edge!

Robb
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:39 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,717 Posts
Thanks for the inspiration Robb!!

I'm gonna cut out the canopy for the battery and haven't decided where to cut for the servos and other gear yet. The wing turned out to be 20.5" and the fuse is 16.5.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:52 PM
Slope beginner
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
205 Posts
Hey everyone, full length video of the Insulator.

http://www.bluefinmicro.com/movies/insulator.wmv
EMT_Dave is offline Find More Posts by EMT_Dave
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:01 PM
Foam Flyer
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,931 Posts
WOW, that thing is SMOKIN, do the leading edges look melted after a flight!!!

So thats a 2 cell huh, you ought to slap a 3 cell in her and see if you can pull the wings off.

Bill, if you can make the plans, thats a 5 star winner. PicoJet and Projeti Killer out of FFF gotta love it.

Glenn
Depdog is offline Find More Posts by Depdog
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:53 PM
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
Bill that does really look good , don't forget to make the cooling slots that in my opinion set the looks on blueman's bird.

By the way how do yopu achieve the rounded cornerson the fuse and Leading edge of the wing? and where -o- where is the CG?

I swear the more I see this plane, the more I think I should be responsible to do one myself
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin
Old Jun 17, 2004, 02:13 AM
what wing man??
Nashville Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
1,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depdog
WOW, that thing is SMOKIN, do the leading edges look melted after a flight!!!

So thats a 2 cell huh, you ought to slap a 3 cell in her and see if you can pull the wings off.

Bill, if you can make the plans, thats a 5 star winner. PicoJet and Projeti Killer out of FFF gotta love it.

Glenn
I agree ,,,,{{{{DITTO}}}}
hummingbird111 is offline Find More Posts by hummingbird111
Old Jun 17, 2004, 08:55 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Fussa
Joined Jul 2003
238 Posts
video

Dave- Thanks for taking care of the video and posting it for me.

Bill- Here are a couple of pics of how my electronics are installed. I cut a small hole into the wing for the servos before I even glued the fuse onto the wing. The battery sits all the way in the front against the front wall. The ESC was going to go in under the rear compartment but I decided to put it out in the cooling air. Don't want to smoke my precious Phoenix-10!

Depdog and willin- this is probably one of the easiest planes I've built recently, sharpen up your x-acto blades and turn one out.
Closed Thread