HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 12, 2004, 03:50 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,320 Posts
Flying at the Chandler Bowl V4

As requested by the moderator here is V4 of our thread. Lets keep it going strong!

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Last edited by turbojoe; Jun 12, 2004 at 06:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2004, 03:59 PM
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,849 Posts
What improvment have been made to V-3 to warrent a V-4???

Justin
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey
Old Jun 12, 2004, 04:00 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
In a new saddle. heh.

Lol Justin!
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Last edited by TeamTEOR; Jun 12, 2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 04:20 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9&page=1&pp=15 is the link from V-3 of this long running thread...

After 500 posts they are a booger to edit or split if something bad happens. I just noticed you guys were over the 500 number so I closed the old thread!!!
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Jun 12, 2004, 05:06 PM
AMA Member
Tempe, Arizona
Joined Jun 2004
111 Posts
Well, I don't know what the problem with my motor is then. No motor leads touching the case, the leads from the motor are soldered to the speed control, and I don't know what a "cold" solder joint is. Also, the batteries are brand new and were fully charged. Hmmmm...

I was out at the bowl this morning, flew my extra for about 5 minutes when I noticed it was acting funny (wouldn't roll). Turns out, when I took the servo arms off the ailerons last night to adjust the throws, I forgot to put the screws back in that hold the arms to the servo!!! STUPID!!! And you can't buy arms for these stupid little Futaba servos (3106's).

Well, off to Adventure for a couple new servos.

Just for the record, I'll probably go out to the bowl before sundown again tonight. As long as I get my plane fixed!
Trebhill is offline Find More Posts by Trebhill
Old Jun 12, 2004, 05:14 PM
AMA Member
Tempe, Arizona
Joined Jun 2004
111 Posts
Oh yeah, and I do have a CC Phoenix 25 speed control and it is on the second setting, Standard Advance (default).What about "soft start" or "cut off" or "brake", I don't know what those are really, just left them at the default setting. Thanks...

Timm
Old Jun 12, 2004, 06:14 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,320 Posts
What the heck is with the Zone again? 5 replies to the thread and I haven't gotten a single notification. A couple of weeks ago I was getting e-mail notifications from E-Zone that were as much as 4 days old ! I just checked my settings and e-mail notification is check marked.

Timm,

If you have soft start (step 9.7) then you have one of the newer P-25's. You might consider changing to fast start to see if it helps. On my MiniBOP the Astro motor has always had a noticable sag in rpm at midrange when going to full throttle with both the 14 turn and the newly installed 10 turn. I set my new micro P-10 for fast start and that cured the problem.
Remember that you can't just change one thing. You have to go through the entire programming function or it all defaults back to factory settings. Not a big deal really. Hope you get it going.

Joe
Old Jun 12, 2004, 06:30 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Justin,

Just to let you know, I got my minibop kit today. I can't wait to build it.

What would you guys recommend in the way of a brushless motor for this thing? I have a couple of ideas, but I thought I would ask for your opinions as well.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Last edited by jperch; Jun 13, 2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 06:41 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,320 Posts
Hmmm. Got an e-mail notice. Cool.

Joe,

I flew mine with an Astro 010 14 turn and it flew great. I put an 010 10 turn in it and it's now awesome! My 10 turn is an early one with the 3mm shaft. I have two of the newer ones with the 2mm shaft but I'm hesitant to use them as I bent the 2mm shaft on a Himax I had in it early on. The prop does hit on occasion when landing and I like having the extra insurance of that extra mm.

Joe
Old Jun 12, 2004, 07:38 PM
AMA Member
Tempe, Arizona
Joined Jun 2004
111 Posts
Turbo...
Yeah, I have the new 25. I'll try setting it to "fast start" but I think I already have. By the way, I don't know how the older speed controls were, but the directions on mine say you can quit programming at any stage and it will not change the settings you made in later stages. Just an FYI...

Thanks for all your input, trying to glue servos to the wing right now. Gotta fix the motor mount, the tourque keeps ripping it from the foam!

Timm
Old Jun 12, 2004, 08:17 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Trebhill, if you are still having a problem try to flash the controller. If you don't have the programing cable one of us can come out or meet up somewhere to help you out. I could always come out with a laptop. I am headed to the hills now, laters guys.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:03 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
TurboJoe,

Thank you for the advice. I don't have any Astro's any more but I have several Himax's. Do you think a 2015 will do or should I go for the 2025?

Thanks,
Joe
Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:41 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperch
TurboJoe,

Thank you for the advice. I don't have any Astro's any more but I have several Himax's. Do you think a 2015 will do or should I go for the 2025?

Thanks,
Joe
Joe,

Aside from the 2mm shaft the 2015 in any wind will do fine. I had a 3600 on mine that bent the shaft. The 2025 would probably pull the wings off it although I have thought about sticking my 2025-4200 on there just to see.
I'm heading out to the bowl nice and early this morning to get a few flights in. The Formula One race comes on at 9:00 today so I have to be home by then. The family will probably be here from San Diego by the time the race is over and I need to try to sneak the drag race in at noon as well. Jeez, I have a tighter schedule today than a work day.

Joe
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:38 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Joe,

Thanks again. It will probably be too windy here to fly today (again!). Have fun at the bowl and at the races. Also enjoy the visit with the family.

Joe
Old Jun 13, 2004, 04:40 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Tim I didnt see you at CASL this Weekend . Oh Well another one sucked into the Chandler Bowl Hole . I just cant Win. Happy Flying all where that may be.

David
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Closed Thread