HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2001, 02:11 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
Wattage Sporty for second plane newbie?

I've been flying a Pico Slow Park Flyer for about a week now with ease. I am now thinking about buying the sporty flyer and transfering my radio gear into it. Is the Sporty I difficult plane to fly? Also, do you guys recommend this plane?

THX!
177ichael is offline Find More Posts by 177ichael
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2001, 11:09 PM
hanford,ca,usa
Joined Oct 2000
227 Posts
yeeeeeeeessssssss leave the sporty for later on i own one and would never sudjest it to a newbie, go for the sky scooter pro, thats more or less a better choice......john
johnpmartins is offline Find More Posts by johnpmartins
Old May 07, 2001, 11:26 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,418 Posts
T-52, great trainer, but will allow more aerobatics, and greater wind conditions.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old May 08, 2001, 02:09 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,076 Posts
I second John's remarks. My Sporty is set up as a full house aerobatic ship with the "370" motor upgrade, and it's a handful. You can set it up as a rudder/elevator plane with the stock 280 and I suppose it would be more docile, but I still wouldn't recommend it for a second plane.

Neil
Neil Morse is offline Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old May 08, 2001, 06:32 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
Well it looks like my Sporty is already being shipped...I'm thinking about sending it back. My other option would be to practice longer with my slow flyer and then move onto the Sporty. Any suggestions/tips on flying the Sporty? What should I watch out for? Any general tips on handling and wind conditions for the plane? Hopefully, I won't make rubbish out of the Sporty, however, I fear that this may happen..

177ichael is offline Find More Posts by 177ichael
Old May 09, 2001, 04:51 PM
hanford,ca,usa
Joined Oct 2000
227 Posts
hey there , you could put it "up" for a bit and come back to it later i have "put up" many kits and arfs and have gotten back to them and am glad i did so , but no kidding aside my lhs has the sky scooter pro kit version for 49.99 i would sudjest you pick one of those that'a way you will get used to a faster more areo type of plane and if you put her in the ground she will more than likely bouce back!
johnpmartins is offline Find More Posts by johnpmartins