SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2004, 10:45 AM
Designing on the edge
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
AerodromeRC Fokker DrI

I thought the folks here in this forum should get a sneak peek at my 1/8 scale 35" ws Fokker Triplane design. As you can see it is nearly ready. It is another of those designs that came up and bit me. Look for it later this summer. Anyone interested in doing a proto build to produce the photos for the manual?

Kurt
Bengtson is offline Find More Posts by Bengtson
Last edited by Bengtson; Jun 08, 2004 at 10:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2004, 10:49 AM
Designing on the edge
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
The image is a bit distorted. The tail feathers and crosses on the real plan are the proper shape. It was a screen dump and only meant to show the idea.
BTW, it is designed to have ailerons driven by in wing servos. S400 power MP jet gearbox.

Kurt
Old Jun 08, 2004, 11:56 AM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,741 Posts
Gorgeous Kurt.

Bout what we would expect from you. Wish I had the time to volunteer for it. With the Sopwith going right now and two more Protos waiting afterward I am full up.

JIm
JIMA is offline Find More Posts by JIMA
Old Jun 08, 2004, 12:26 PM
Trampling out the vintage
Joined Feb 2002
1,893 Posts
The world has been waiting for a beautiful DR I in this size and you have delivered. And like Jim I wish I could volunteer for it but can't.
4 Scale is offline Find More Posts by 4 Scale
Old Jun 08, 2004, 01:20 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,705 Posts
I'me the same is Jim. Sopwith to finish and then Rake Albatros...if he ever sends me the plans
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Jun 08, 2004, 02:47 PM
Bristol, UK
Joined Oct 2002
630 Posts
Hi Kurt,

I may be interested in putting one together.

Is it to be a laser cut short kit for proto build?

Chris
Goodychrischild is offline Find More Posts by Goodychrischild
Old Jun 08, 2004, 03:01 PM
Designing on the edge
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
Chris,

Yes, it will be a laser cut short kit similar to my other releases including Neoprene foam tire material and rolled AutoCAD plotted plans. Built up wheels as well. This model has a new feature, I am using laser cut 1/32" ply for trailing edges, top and bottom of the rib ends. The top piece is scalloped and the bottom is straight edged. This will insure proper scalloping and be light as well as strong. I used nearly scale airfoils and rib count. The major change is flat bottomed ribs. The kit also includes a pair of mock Spandaus made from laser cut parts and a printed pattern.

I need a series of nice photos illustrating the build as well as feedback on any errors in the plan. Of course, a flight report and final posed photos are needed as well. There will be a lot of interest in this model, so anyone wanting to do the build should be mindful of doing the project in a timely manner.

Kurt
Old Jun 08, 2004, 03:20 PM
Bristol, UK
Joined Oct 2002
630 Posts
Kurt,

I'm up for it if you are?

Here is a link to my Peter Rake Bristol Scout that I did so you can get an idea about build reports/photos. I wouldn't call myself a fast builder , but it would certainly be at the top of the pile .
Chris
Old Jun 08, 2004, 06:52 PM
Designing on the edge
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
Chris,
If we proceed, how soon after the kit is ready could you begin?

Kurt
Old Jun 08, 2004, 06:58 PM
Bristol, UK
Joined Oct 2002
630 Posts
Kurt,

I'll send you a PM!

Chris
Old Jun 09, 2004, 12:28 AM
Cloverdale, British Columbia
Joined Oct 2003
201 Posts
Count me in please!

Hello Kurt,

I would be honoured to be part of your beta building team. It would be my first time doing such a project but feel sure I am up to the task.

Just so happens that I am working on some WW1 pilot figures to about 1:8,5 which would finish this and your other planes off nicely. Here are a couple of in progress pictures. Should be ready for molding in about three weeks.

Cheers,

John

WW1 Imperial German fighter pilot (under construction)
armourgod is offline Find More Posts by armourgod
Old Jun 09, 2004, 12:29 AM
Cloverdale, British Columbia
Joined Oct 2003
201 Posts
WW1 Royal Flying Corps fighter pilot (under construction)
armourgod is offline Find More Posts by armourgod
Old Jun 09, 2004, 05:42 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,705 Posts
Blimey. I knew they were ill equipped, but I would have thought thyey gave them a shirt at least...
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Jun 09, 2004, 07:25 PM
Designing on the edge
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
Well, Chris reminded me that I had promised him the Sopwith Pup, a design that somehow I had just forgotton about in all the hubbub (now there is a word) at AerodromeRC lately. So hat in hand, I am reviving that effort and will also do it this summer. Chris has agreed to proto the Pup. It will be a 1/8 scale 40" ws design with top wing servo controlled ailerons.

John, I sent you email.

Kurt
Old Jun 10, 2004, 02:47 PM
Designing on the edge
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
Hi all,

John has the Fokker Triplane build. I hope to finish it up in the next week. My daughter is graduating from HS tommorrow so things are a bit busy at the moment.
BTW, this event sure has a lot of impact. It seems like yesterday I was walking her to first grade. I had the privilege of staying home for her school years as I am self employed. Maybe some will remember that Kodal commercial of the 60's "Turn around and she's grown..." It sure is like that.

Kurt