Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 06, 2001, 09:10 PM
Hayden,Alabama
Joined Apr 2001
13 Posts
Next Plane after Firebird???

Getting a little bored with the Firebird and wanted to ask everyone a few questions.
1.What is the next plane to go to next?
2.Is two stick transmiters better or one stick better.
3.What about the SkyScooter Pro?
4.What is the best combo out there?
Thanks everyone for the help!Really appreicate everyones imput!!!!
Jonathan O.
Jonathan is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2001, 04:41 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I went from firebird to skyscooter pro.. then I converted the skyscooter to geared drive.... I've flown the firebird maybe 3 times since.. It was a big step though.. Harder than I thought, but very rewarding in the end. I thought the skyscooter was so fast, I'd never get the hang of it.. Of course, it was direct drive then.. I was also shocked at how sensitive it was to control imput... I guess anything will seem sensitive to control imput after flying the firebird though.
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old May 07, 2001, 05:30 AM
SF Bay Area, California, USA
Joined May 2001
383 Posts
I started out with realflight flight simulator and helped a lot. My first successful plane was the litestik and then the Elfi which thus far my favorite. I also have the firebird and it helped me gain more confidence. In terms of a next plane, I would recommend getting one with a rudder and elevator functions only since planes with ailerons are more demanding. I would recommend the Elfi park flyer, it's a real nice plane with landing gears it's a thrill to do touch and goes. Nesail.com sells the plane and other great parkflyers. Check them out. Good luck.
rcastab is offline Find More Posts by rcastab
Old May 07, 2001, 07:45 AM
Boise, ID
Joined Feb 2001
24 Posts
1. Soarstar! Flies great! Enough power to get you out of trouble. Comes with everything but the radio.
2) Get a four channed radio. You'll need it when you're ready for ailerons.
3) Haven't seen one fly.
4) See #1.

[This message has been edited by Wrongway (edited 05-07-2001).]
Wrongway is offline Find More Posts by Wrongway
Old May 07, 2001, 07:26 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Get the Sky Scooter Pro & put a Gearbox on it or just get the Beginner version that has already has the Gearbox. Don't bother trying to fly this with the Direct Drive setup, it will only lead to lots of crashes & frustration. Use a Gearbox with 3:1 Ratio & put a big 10x4.7 APC Slowflyer prop on it & you will like it, lots of fun. Just pick up some battery packs at Radio Shack & you are all set. You might want to get the Pro because you get the Focus III Radio & the nicer 600 Mah Nicad pack (This works good).
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old May 07, 2001, 08:17 PM
Hayden,Alabama
Joined Apr 2001
13 Posts
Thanks for the imput guys I really appericate it.I will probley order the Sky Scooter Pro in a month or so.Thanks a lot for
all the help.This website has helped me so much already.
Jonathan
Jonathan is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan
Old May 08, 2001, 12:13 AM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
I have to second skyscooter pro with geared prop. I learned to fly on mine and the reactions I learned helped me have a successful first flight with my Tumblewatt.
Skyscooter is a real full control plane that can teach you much without big consequence damage when you mess up. (hot glue fixes everything!)
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee