HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2002, 11:21 PM
Dangerous
LA
Joined Nov 2001
871 Posts
Hey Johnk, I would really like to see your helis in action. Do you or anyone else have any flight videos? I am very interested to see how your CP mods have helped.
Spaulding is offline Find More Posts by Spaulding
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2002, 11:30 PM
jk
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,281 Posts
Steve's dreamhobbies.com site has a few videos of them.
jk is offline Find More Posts by jk
Old Jan 17, 2002, 12:42 AM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,669 Posts
Hello Walt,

I have no biased opinions as far as the house fly is concerned. I get nothing for posting on my, or any of the boards. I get nothing from mario for hosting the fly forums. I get nothing from saying it does more than it should. I run the board so that information about these small helis come to me. Im not going to BS anyone,, Thats what I get. I log onto my site and read. I dont have to go to all the boards or search engines. Thats to much time wasted. Also,,,If I thought the fly was not as good as mario says it is ,,,,, I would say that. If it totaly sucked,,,, I would also say that. So biased I am not.

My DIY fly is 1 oz. lighter but my blades have more pitch. My times are not that far from what mario has stated. I dont think the flight time as it is is going to hurt its sales. I dont think that mario not saying the times before was anything he was hiding, he was just experimenting with different options and didnt have all the facts yet. Everyone is basing there times from the hover. FF is were you will pick up run time. Feathering the throttle in FF is also were you pick up run time. When most oof these guys are hovering they have to constantly play with the throttle and it takes alot of juice to try to raise an already sinking aircraft to put it bak into position. I myself hover for 5-10 seconds to check the heli for flight and I hover 5-10 seconds to land. So Id say I have lots of juice to spare for FFF.

Also ff flight on the fly if you want to max your run time is about as fast as a good walk. Someone previosly said that they cant fly FF in the house, well I do it in my 1 bedroom apt. Walt, I see you can hover and, or fly inverted and so can I, So our flying skills are a little better than others so I know you can see FF being done in a 10x15 room with ease.

You guys have to remember,, THIS IS NEW!!!!! This size has not ben in production yet untill nowTHANKS MARIO. Things will change as time goes on. After all Henery Ford did not have a clue about fuel injection or electronic ignition or duel over head cams. All that came frome the end users,,,,,, "you and I".

If I want to hover or fly scale ,,, I do that with my .30's,, There I got 20 minutes every run.

Bill
MicroRotors is offline Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Old Jan 17, 2002, 12:46 AM
jk
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,281 Posts
Bill, an ounce lighter is a huge difference when the entire heli only weighs 4.8.
jk is offline Find More Posts by jk
Old Jan 17, 2002, 12:51 AM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,669 Posts
Hi John ,, true Im in at around 4.2 AUW. But as I have said before. My pich is more than yours ,, That has alot to do with the power I draw.

Bill
MicroRotors is offline Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Old Jan 17, 2002, 01:36 AM
I'd rather be flying!
SOCAL
Joined May 2001
274 Posts
"My DIY fly is 1 oz. lighter but my blades have more pitch. My times are not that far from what mario has stated."

when did mario give any info on flight times?

and one ounce is a lot of weight difference
kinda like taking a 30 size heli and timing the flight with it lifting a r/c car(rc10 gt size)

it's lookin more like the short times are why mario hasn't given out any duration info.

sure the litium cells would last a while but in the time it takes to charge them you could have had about five flights with the normal pack(including charging)

i agree with walt, we will get a good, unbaised report on HF when John get's his flying
Antyoo is offline Find More Posts by Antyoo