Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 02, 2004, 10:26 PM
Frederick, MD
Joined Sep 2003
280 Posts
Rant
Warning - Esprit Model Bad Experience (Long Post)

I have heard that many people have had good experiences with Esprit Model, but, unfortunately, I did not.
It all started around the beginning of May, when Tower announced that they could not honor the back order price on the Multiplex Royal Evo 9 channel transmitter. When Tower raised their price, I canceled my order with them and looked around for another source. Nobody had the transmitter in stock, except Esprit Model. They said they had 8 in stock. I was a little surprised, since all of the other vendors had been out of stock for quite some time, but I decided to place an order with Esprit on May 13. They told me that they could not ship the transmitter to me for a few days, since they were attending a show in South Carolina, but they would ship it to me as soon as they got back to Florida.
The next week they told me that the transmitter had shipped to me on May 18 via USPS Priority Mail. They had not elected any of the tracking options, but they had insured it. Since the USPS web site indicated that Priority Mail takes 1-3 days, I expected to receive the transmitter by Friday, May 21 at the latest.
When I had not received the transmitter by Monday, May 24, I asked ZB of Esprit Model what we could do to find my transmitter. He informed me that since they didn't have a tracking number we would have to wait a few more days.
On Wednesday, May 26, I asked ZB to provide me with the insurance number, in hopes that the USPS could track the package that way. Instead of giving me the insurance number, ZB provided me with many excuses why he could not.
On Friday, May 28, ZB informed me that he was shipping me another transmitter by UPS. He told me that he no longer had any in stock, but he was having one drop shipped to me from his distributor. He assured me that his distributor had them in stock and the transmitter would ship that day. With the Memorial Day weekend, the soonest I could get my tranmitter was on June 1.
On June 1, I received an order I had placed with Hobby People the previous week, but my transmitter did not show up.
I was losing my patience with ZB and Esprit Model, and I asked him to provide me with the tracking number for the second transmitter. He informed me that he was having trouble getting the tracking number from his distributor, but he assured me several times that the transmitter had shipped on Thursday, May 27.
I decided to contact his distributor directly, which turned out to be Greg at Maxx Products International. When I called Greg, he recognized my name, and confirmed that ZB at Esprit Model had in fact arranged for a transmitter to be drop shipped to me, but he also informed me that he did not have them in stock, and was waiting for the shipment to arrive from Hitec. He told me that ZB was calling him every day to find out if he had received the shipment.
I was infuriated that ZB had knowingly lied to me when he assured me that the transmitter had shipped, when he knew that Maxx Products was still waiting for them. I promptly canceled my order with Esprit Model and told Greg at Maxx Product that he should not send a transmitter to me.
I do not believe that Esprit Model had the transmitter in stock when I ordered it, and I do not believe that they ever shipped anything to me. I am surprised, dismayed and angry that ZB would openly lie to me many times in the course of our conversations and have lost faith in Esprit Model. I was really hoping that I could help support one of the smaller companies doing business in the RC hobby industry, but I have found that Esprit Model is not one I can trust. Esprit Model has demonstrated unethical business practices, and I urge others to be wary of doing business with this company.
One ray of hope in this whole mess is that, today, Tower Hobbies informed me that they have worked out a deal with Hitec/Multiplex that will allow them to honor the original back order price. I guess I have to be grateful to ZB for not sending me a transmitter, since I will now be able to reorder the transmitter from Tower Hobbies at the original price.

Shawn
sodekirk is offline Find More Posts by sodekirk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2004, 12:45 AM
85 degrees and sunny
Hawaii
Joined Apr 2003
554 Posts
Been there...

ZB also told me some tall stories about why I didn't receive my order and kept stringing me along for a couple months. He even admitted to me at the end that he lied all that time just to keep me from cancelling on my order. I didn't have any problems with my first order from him, that's why I decided to go and order from him again. Too bad he decided to take the low road route. I would have ordered from him again and again if he just kept things straight.

Finally my credit card company made everything good.

BTW, this is not a bash but just conveying my own experience with Esprit Models and continuing with the tone expressed in the original thread. That's great if others may have had great service from this specific company. But I didn't and this is mi dos centavos.

Aloha to all on RCGroups.
glide is offline Find More Posts by glide
Old Jun 03, 2004, 02:42 AM
CA and NH
Joined Oct 2001
449 Posts
Yeb, without tracking # for a few hundred dollars order was bulled. Can't believe ZB would do this, but I believed you completely. It fits together. Thanks for the info, I will not order from this company.
xadmin is offline Find More Posts by xadmin
Old Jun 03, 2004, 07:05 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Well I just paid for a 12ch synthesized Evo yesterday morning. Zb told me it would ship on Friday. Let's see what happens... :/
- Felix
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Jun 03, 2004, 11:14 AM
MTT
I care about rising air !
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Feb 2002
2,004 Posts
I had a similiar experience with Esprit some time back....

Decided to get the Nike hotliner, contacted ZB by phone, according to him it was in stock, so I went ahead and ordered, this was on a Saturday, plane was supposed to be shipped Monday.
Monday evening goes by, no word back from him. Tuesday I contact him about shipping info, tells me he got tied up, plane would be shipped tuesday afternoon. After that, repeated attempts to obtain a tracking # were unsuccessful.
Finally I called to cancel the order, turns out, he did not have the Nike in stock at the time I ordered... Supposedly his shipment was delayed in London because of a strike at British Airways..
So he took my order, and had a Nike dropshipped to me from NSP, and according to him, NSP just forgot about it, hence the delay..

All in all, I got my plane, but a supposed 3 day delivery turned into 2 weeks.
This experience lost him a potential customer.

The irony of it is, that I orderd the Nike from Esprit instead of NSP, because I did not want ot deal with NSP, due to all the controversial posts about them here on the forum

Michael
Michael
MTT is offline Find More Posts by MTT
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:12 AM
F5D user
Israel
Joined Jun 2005
132 Posts
same here
lost a costumer.
Bad Experience with Zb and David
marknopfler is offline Find More Posts by marknopfler
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:41 AM
AMA# 980507
United States, FL, Loxahatchee
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
Wow...holy thread revival! I guess the only other complaint you could find about Esprit was this one from 2004?

I have ordered from them many times and have not had a problem with them. I also live in the US and in the same state as them so that may be why. Sorry you're having problems with them, hopefully they are rectified soon.
Th3UmBrA is offline Find More Posts by Th3UmBrA
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:24 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3UmBrA View Post
Wow...holy thread revival! I guess the only other complaint you could find about Esprit was this one from 2004?

I have ordered from them many times and have not had a problem with them. I also live in the US and in the same state as them so that may be why. Sorry you're having problems with them, hopefully they are rectified soon.
I have had nothing but very good customer service (Personally) and nothing that I have purchased from ZB (Esprit Model) has been with any issues or problems.

You can read up on my detailed experiences at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=77

Also, you can look at his Physical Store (Brick and Concrete) business at:
http://www.espritmodel.com/about-us.aspx

ZB is a serious business person who has a few Full Time employees and all the expenses that go along with having an RC Business!! He travels to all kinds of RC Events, especially those that relate to Electric Fun Flys!

Let's give em a break!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:24 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3UmBrA View Post

My experience has been as yours: I have ordered some small things over the years, but nothing major.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:25 PM
F5D user
Israel
Joined Jun 2005
132 Posts
everything OK untill you need them.!!
bad store ever, horrible customer service
marknopfler is offline Find More Posts by marknopfler