HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2004, 10:03 PM
Joined Jun 2004
6 Posts
Rookie. E-Starter first 10 flights. Questions

Ok, I have had the E-starter for quite sometime now. Today, is was the first day I had 10 successful flights. However, I had some issues today. The nose seemed to shoot upward. Everything looks like it is trimmed ok. It also feels like I dont have enough power to go higher. Everything is still the stock equipment. Fully charged brand new Duracells in the transmitter. And 3 new battery packs.

When I take off the nose does not want to come up with full elevator deflection. Then when proper speed is achieved it takes off. But it feels like I need to climb into the wind to gain altitude. Then the nose almost goes up 90 degrees. I have to play with the elevator alot and point it down.

First question is: Is it normal to pitch up and down constantly and adjust power to keep the plane level?

2nd Question. Are there any threads on this forum for me to do some reading on how to tweak the plane for optimum flight.

Thanks

Abe
apodoc is offline Find More Posts by apodoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2004, 03:49 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apodoc
And 3 new battery packs. Abe
What kind of cells? If they are brand new Nimh's they should be cycled for a few times to acheive optimal performance. They get better after everything from 3 to 7 charging / discharing cycles.

Quote:
First question is: Is it normal to pitch up and down constantly and adjust power to keep the plane level?
That depends on how your plane is trimmed, and if the CG is correct. It should fly straight in level, when trimmed right.

Quote:
2nd Question. Are there any threads on this forum for me to do some reading on how to tweak the plane for optimum flight.
I would recomend that you take the time to read the article of Keith Shaw found here. In the third part you will find very useful info on finetuning the CG and trimming!

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E