HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2002, 05:41 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2002
8 Posts
How to Repair an astro 40

Has anyone got any experience disassebling the older style astro motor. This one was made back in '83 and is the pin style assembly,(Roll pins hold on the end bells)?
My question is how to best remove the pins? I believe the armature was overcurrented, and the motor now has a dead spot, that it always where it comes to a stop, and then will not start again till moved by an external bump.
I guess I should have had a fuse in the output circuit from the esc?? Any help from those that have experinced a similar problem would be appreciated. Maybe its best to just toss the motor? I believe the armature is around $40, so I'd like to save it if I can.
Thanks
BuyPlaneBill is offline Find More Posts by BuyPlaneBill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2002, 09:19 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,210 Posts
If you don't get any feedback on your older Astro and don't have enough confidence in your abilities to deal with your fix, I'd give Kirk at New Creations a holler. I understand that he can rework Astros for a decent price and his service is great as long as you do it over the phone. This is also one of our primary clearing houses for Eflight equipment and knowledge.

Good luck and welcome to Ezone!
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood