HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2002, 01:34 PM
I'll fly anything...
United States, CA, Palm Springs
Joined Aug 2001
502 Posts
Unlimited/Open Class EDF Contest?

It has been suggested to me that maybe Silent Flight Online should organize a design/construction contest that is open to anyone, any plane (EDF Jet), any power, any materials.

First let me say that the EDF contest here on eZone is a very good thing and it will benefit all of us... participants and observers. The contest that is being considered for SilentflightOnline would in no way try to replace or "one up" the eZone contest ... but rather provide a place for the "pros" and aspiring pros to go and enter their ships that do not qualify for the eZone contest.

This Silent Flight Online contest would be the perfect avenue for manufacturers and those that want to get into manufacturing to showcase their "hi-tech" composite ships.

Proposed rules:

None

But, seriously... this contest would be for composite ships of any scale designed for any commercaily available fan unit, singles or twins (or more) would be allowed, brushed or brushless motors would be allowed (however a good kit should be able to fly on brushed motors to make it more marketable), any number of cells would be allowed as long as the thing flies.

So how about it? An Unlimited class sponsored by SilentFlightOnline as a companion contest to the eZone contest?

Thoughts? Comments
GlasairAllen is offline Find More Posts by GlasairAllen
to remove ads between posts