HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2004, 05:21 AM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Razor 300 motor how do you tell which wires are which

Friend of mine just got in a razor 300 and the 3 wires from the motor are all the same color (clear) and they come out of the back thru a rubber gromet so we can't tell where they are inside, the esc has the red black and white but we have no Idea which way to hook it up to the motor because those wires are not color coded
steve ypsi mi is offline Find More Posts by steve ypsi mi
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2004, 08:15 AM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Wow I can't believe nobody has answered this yet.

The motor wires on brushless motors can be hooked up in any order to the ESC. If it runs backwards, swap any 2 wires. Colors do not matter.

Or perhaps the reason nobody has replied is...This is a very common question and they figured anybody wanting to know would have done a quick Search.

So carry on!
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old May 28, 2004, 09:36 AM
A Clinger
Butte, MT
Joined Sep 2001
7,075 Posts
As stated above by Jeffery.

Also, your ESC needs to be a brushless ESC with three motor wires as well . As it wasn't stated, I am just making sure you are not trying to hook up a brushed motor ESC to a brushless motor .
rclark is offline Find More Posts by rclark
Old May 28, 2004, 05:25 PM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Thanks a lot, we are new to erc, been flying for about 8 months, Doc just got the first brushless, that doesn't make sense to me, and yes he has a brushless ESC.
I usually do the search but when you don't know the first thing about the engine I didn't know how to word it.
Thanks again
steve ypsi mi is offline Find More Posts by steve ypsi mi