SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2002, 09:32 AM
crashnburn
n/a Posts
Flying wing site for Zagi's, Razor's, Viper Twins, etc.

Why not clean up the Foamies Site by adding a "flying wing" site. Seems to me that Zagi owners have pretty much monopolized the site. Let's give them a site of their own.

Don
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2002, 10:06 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
I make it five Zagi/Viper/Razor posts on the current foamies first page.

These are all foamies. I really don't see what the problem is. IMHO there is no need to "clean up the site" , they are all strikingly on topic for that forum, the greater number of posts refects the fact that they are amongst the most popular types of foamies. By that logic there would be a separate Litestik forum and a separate GWS Tiger Moth forum, maybe even a separate Twinstar and separate Twinjet forum.

One of the other discussion forums has a reviews section. Incredibly it has a different forum for each engine manufacturer and each kit manufacturer. The list of forums is so long that I swear I saw SLUF7 hanging off the bottom of the last page .

IMHO we have (more than) enough forums already without further subdivisions. In fact it could even be argued that the foamies forum itself is redundant and that those models which are sports models should be in sports models, irrespective of the constructional techniques used and those which are scale models should be in scale models, again irrespective of the constructional techniques used.

Or am I missing something fundamentally different between Zagis and other foamies?

Leccy
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jan 10, 2002, 10:35 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leccyflyer

Or am I missing something fundamentally different between Zagis and other foamies?

Leccy
Leccy: they don't have tails .............gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Jan 10, 2002, 01:52 PM
crashnburn
n/a Posts
Why not just eliminate "Foamies" altogether. I'm sure that all foam built planes fall under the other sites just as well. Do we really need a separate forum for pylon racers since most of these are sports models? Do we really need a forum for park flyers/indoor flyers, since the majority of them are foamies? Is there really that many Jet flyers out there that they need their own forum? Etc, etc, etc, etc.

It just seems to me that there IS a need for our "no-tailed" flyers to have a separate forum. Counting threads for the last 5 days will result in a much larger number than you counted on page one.

Maybe more than 2-cents worth, but I still stand on this issue.

Don
Old Jan 10, 2002, 04:36 PM
UK
Joined Jan 2001
466 Posts
I agree with Leccy: there are already more than enough forums IMHO. I have a hard enough time tracking through Open, Off Topic, Modeling Science, Training, Foamies, Sport, Sailplanes, etc, without there being more!

Zagis have as much right to be in foamies as any other foamie - they just happen to be popular. But isn't there a good reason why they are popular? Besides, when I go looking for Zagi information, I am more than likely to click on another topic just out of interest. If that topic was in a different forum I may never have seen it.

I'm sure there are hundreds of topics that I could and would have posted on but I never knew they existed. Divisions are helpful due to the sheer volume of posts - one post might get knocked down to page 5 within a couple of hours if there was only one forum - but have too many forums and you also miss topics.

My 0.02,

Ben C
Ben C is offline Find More Posts by Ben C