HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2004, 10:40 AM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
253 Posts
C-47 and C-130 Availability

I got an e-mail from Andrew at GWS this morning saying that C-47's for early birds will ship late this week or early next week. C-130's will not ship until September.

Anyone out there flying the Multiplex Cargo that I can consult with on thrust alignment etc?
jfail is offline Find More Posts by jfail
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2004, 02:39 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
I fly a cargo- went 3 degrees downthrust from stock
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old May 27, 2004, 06:03 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
253 Posts
Hi Mgbtracer

Thanks for info. How did you make the adjustment for the 3 degrees? Also did you find the COG to be correct as per the manual and did you move it at all? How does the plane fly? I keep seeing references to a severe pitch up problem on throttle.

Thanks
jfail is offline Find More Posts by jfail
Old May 27, 2004, 07:35 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
A toothpick wedged between the motor and the mount is about all there is to it. I will need to measure the CG, as I don't recall... it is such a forgiving plane that it can fly with the CG all over the place- loading it up with payload, cameras etc doesn't seem to change how it flies. I haven't found the perfect CG location because it doesn't seem to change how it flies when I shift the battery back or forth.
It still pitches up a lot with throttle and climbs like crazy- you have to lay the power on kinda scale if you want it to look scale. Sometimes in a small area with a pretty big plane, the ability to stand it on the tail quickly is a good thing. My speed control went out last time I flew it and it's grounded now until I can go through and fix the minor damage that occurs when the speed control nukes on final approach- taking the BEC with it. ouch
Old May 27, 2004, 09:27 PM
Nevada City, California, United States
Joined May 2004
448 Posts
mgbgt, would you say it would be a decent 2nd plane then? im learning on the estarter now, was thinking that the c47 would make a good 2nd plane if it were fairly easy to fly, but a lot of people into gas have kept telling me muli-engines are hard to fly. not sure if its the same with electrics.
Catkicker is offline Find More Posts by Catkicker
Old May 27, 2004, 10:28 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
With electrics, I don't think multi-motors are really a big deal at all. What makes the glow multis kinda hard is if an engine quits or they don't sync well. That's not likely with electrics.
Not having flown the DC3, it's hard to say. The Cargo is like a big parkflyer if it is set up correctly, but the speed is a little surprising at first. Mine was radared at 64MPH. For a plane that size, that's moving pretty good and requires a LONG approach to land.
For a second plane, maybe the smaller Islander might be a consideration. I guess it just depends on how much space you have, but the videos I've seen of the DC3 show it to fly well.
Old May 27, 2004, 11:36 PM
Nevada City, California, United States
Joined May 2004
448 Posts
ah, i thought you meant you had a c47 painted up as a cargo plane, didnt know there was another plane altogether
Catkicker is offline Find More Posts by Catkicker
Old May 28, 2004, 12:36 AM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
yeah- someone asked if anyone was flying a multiplex cargo... that's the plane I fly. I'll be getting a DC-3 too though.