Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 09, 2002, 11:40 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2001
908 Posts
Just got my new Crazy Max

Ok i just got my Crazy max today and i was wondering if i could use my 8 x 700 nimh batterys it in. Its in a 4x4 block configuration. The reason i just cant check and see is my mom has taking all my stuff up untill i clean my room Oh by the way im not sure what size these NIMH batterys are but i think they are AAA size.
JStory is offline Find More Posts by JStory
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2002, 12:24 AM
Senior Member ??
Southern California, USA
Joined Sep 2001
388 Posts
Not until that room is clean!

Really, I don't know. It would not fit with a hitec 8ch RX mounted in front of the servos.
ETKing is offline Find More Posts by ETKing
Old Jan 10, 2002, 01:41 AM
Fountain Valley, CA USA
Joined Oct 2000
500 Posts
Yes, those batteries will work.

However, they will run hotter and provide less voltage than the recommended battery (our slightly larger 800mAH version of that cell). So, some climbing ability will be lost, but I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

You may want to put in a couple of extra air intake holes to help cool the battery. And take extra care to let the battery cool before charging it again.

If it makes you feel better, my room's a mess too. Luckily my Mom doesn't yell at me about it anymore. Of course, my wife... well, that's another story!

Get that room cleaned up so you can go have some fun flying!

-Mike
Mike Greenshields is offline Find More Posts by Mike Greenshields
Old Jan 10, 2002, 09:57 AM
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2001
908 Posts
Well im glad it will fit. I probally order some of those packs from you Mike but ill use these i have now becasue i have tons of them. My room really is a mess I clean it today so i can get it flying by the weekend.
JStory is offline Find More Posts by JStory
Old Jan 10, 2002, 10:47 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
JStory, the right batteries aren't available right now anyway. (Will be in another week or two). I ended up using the 2/3A NiMH packs. They never would have fit if Mike had not advised it was okay to put the receiver behind the rear stick. My CG is still at the forward end of the range.

Mike, thanks for keeping us informed. It's fantastic that you are on this forum.

How much difference is there between the 2/3A and 5/4AAA 800's? The 2/3A's seem to work pretty well to me. Are the 5/4's lighter or smaller? I just couldn't wait for the proper batteries. But have some 5/4 on order.

Keep those rubberbands tight.

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase