Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 23, 2001, 07:47 PM
Hayden,Alabama
Joined Apr 2001
13 Posts
Newbie Help Please!!!

Hey everyone today I had 9 good flights with my Firebird also I had about 4 good crashes.I was wondering the hatch on the Firebird poped up and I fixed it with masking tape I was wondering if there was a better way.Also the rubberbands poped off on the last landing,is there any way you can use other rubber bands.And last of all I think I am hooked I really like doing this.I am really going to enjoy this hobby......Is it normal to crash alot when your begining?I guess that is a dumb question...
Thanks
Jonathan Odom
Jonathan is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2001, 08:02 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Jonathan,
The FB was my first successful plane to fly and the hatch popped off of mine. It's still off, I hold mine on with a rubberband under the knob and going back to the indention by the prop. It's best to use rubberbands about the same size, you don't want to put too much pressure on the wings. Glad you're having fun with the plane, look at a T-52 or Push-E-Cat for your next one!
GOOD LUCK!!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Apr 23, 2001, 08:30 PM
Hayden,Alabama
Joined Apr 2001
13 Posts
Thanks for the help!!!I have always wanted to try R/C Planes.I know that I'm hooked now.Can you use other rubber bands for the wings?Also I didnt use up all my battery on my last flight is it better to just run it down or can I just reccharge it?I use the charger that came with it.Also this web site has really helped me a lot....Thanks
Jonathan
Jonathan is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan