HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2004, 07:57 AM
Blade Springs "Rock"
Central Coast, CA
Joined Apr 2004
2,141 Posts
If nothing else, anyone owning a Aerohawk should get my Tips and Tricks paper to trimming in and setting up your heli. I based it on the Aerohawk Rotor head, but anyone else that has a different model, dragonfly/hummer/esky/jabo is more then welcome to add to it.

G109
Geoffrey109 is offline Find More Posts by Geoffrey109
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:16 PM
Blade Springs "Rock"
Central Coast, CA
Joined Apr 2004
2,141 Posts
Update: I got the blades and rotorhead in, and after careful evaluation it's clear to me that these rotor heads have the same identical problem as the Aerohawk rotor blades. The rotor head has too much flex, the blades have excessive coning.

A kit is being developed as I write this. Which will fix all adverse flight problems with these model helicopters: Hummingbird, Dragonfly, Esky, Jabo and well basically all of the clones based on the Hummingbird.

There are suttle differences in rotorheads between them all with the way they are molded. There is no one perfect solution to this other then the spring has to be adjusted either alittle wider or smaller to fit your model. I believe the hardware should all be the same, 2.5mm screws and washers. I am not perfectly confident that the stiffener plate I want to offer is going to fit every rotorhead either, I believe it should, but again there are minor differences in them all.

The G109A Kits: Aerohawk/Skylark/XR-1
Blade Advancing Springs
2.5mm Stainless Steel Screws
2.5mm Fender Washers
2.5mm Nylon Loc-Nuts
Blade Root Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Strips

The G109B: Hummingbird/Dragonfly/Esky/Jabo & Clones
Blade Advancing Springs
All necessary bolts/nuts/washers/spacers to add the springs correctly and safely.
Rotorhead Stiffener Plate
Blade Root Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Strips

I'm going to get some setup photos as soon as the stiffener plates come in.

G109
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:59 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Sounds good G109!
Look forward to seeing some pictures, and maybe even testing them for you!

Duane
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole
Old Dec 01, 2004, 01:38 PM
Watts your motivation
San Bernardino, CA
Joined Aug 2003
6,512 Posts
Got my set comming as we speak. Looking forward to some successful liftoff and hovering!

Justin
roccobro is offline Find More Posts by roccobro
Old Dec 01, 2004, 08:33 PM
Blade Springs "Rock"
Central Coast, CA
Joined Apr 2004
2,141 Posts
Everyone that has paid orders.......are being sent in the AM Mail.....!

Thanks.....again....

G109
Old Dec 01, 2004, 10:45 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,629 Posts
G, my kit for the Aerohawk arrived today, thanks! I'll be testing it this weekend. More later...
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Dec 01, 2004, 10:51 PM
Joined Dec 2002
163 Posts
I have a Rex comming and I am still trying to figure which motor to get. I have been talking to hotrod37ford and seen his posts for his multiplex 480-4. He seems to be getting good performance. I have a hacker B40-18s and have just done a comparison of this motor with the 480-4 and it looks very similar. It is the same size and weight and has a KV=3550 which would work good with the 11 pinion ? This is a very high quality(also expensive) motor. Can anyone tell me why this motor might not be a good choice to try?
rjpmodel is offline Find More Posts by rjpmodel
Old Dec 02, 2004, 12:29 AM
Blade Springs "Rock"
Central Coast, CA
Joined Apr 2004
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpmodel
I have a Rex comming and I am still trying to figure which motor to get. I have been talking to hotrod37ford and seen his posts for his multiplex 480-4. He seems to be getting good performance. I have a hacker B40-18s and have just done a comparison of this motor with the 480-4 and it looks very similar. It is the same size and weight and has a KV=3550 which would work good with the 11 pinion ? This is a very high quality(also expensive) motor. Can anyone tell me why this motor might not be a good choice to try?

Well as far as I can see.......this post is really in the wrong thread.....Sorry.

I don't think that anyone of us FP guys.......are even close.

G109
Old Dec 02, 2004, 05:27 AM
Wolverhampton, UK
Joined Jun 2004
536 Posts
hi

ive put my blades on my hummer with like90's, ill get some pics in a couple of days and test it over the weekend. I need a small enough spanner to tighten the little bolts.

i figured the best way to put them on was screw from underneath,

so from the top it is:

bolt
head stiffener
blades
head
spring
washer
screw

thanks!
hingus2000 is offline Find More Posts by hingus2000
Old Dec 02, 2004, 06:30 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
i just hold the bolt with a pair of pliers and then screw from the top.
OzzieFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzzieFlyer
Old Dec 04, 2004, 12:40 AM
mCPx
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
187 Posts
Cool mod!

I'm new to this board but I started RC micro heli since June and has been frequently visiting another RC heli board. My Esky Honey Bee FP has started some tail bounce problem and I came up with my rubberband mod which works similar to this spring mod. I basically fold each main blade forward and slip a carefully-chosen rubberband thru' the flybar and the main blade. When the blades are unfolded, the right amount of tension from the rubberbands works like the spring mod does except that the spring mod is more elegant. I'll consider replace my rubberbands with springs.
Race Miata is online now Find More Posts by Race Miata
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:48 PM
sticky toed flyer
Methuen, Mass, United States
Joined Sep 2004
371 Posts
sorry dupe
reptilerick is offline Find More Posts by reptilerick
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:49 PM
sticky toed flyer
Methuen, Mass, United States
Joined Sep 2004
371 Posts
Just wanted to let you know that my blade fix kit came in yesterday.
Thanks G.
Also what is this motor mount kit I've read about?
reptilerick is offline Find More Posts by reptilerick
Old Dec 10, 2004, 10:07 PM
Blade Springs "Rock"
Central Coast, CA
Joined Apr 2004
2,141 Posts
Great! I hope it does what almost over 100 others have found......the end to the wobble for you too....You heard about the CD-ROM mounting system I have......that's great.....I do......and I've been flying mine for over three months testing....and it's as good as any machined mounting system out there........IMO. Alot of Pilots have purchased the mount I offer.....and all have had really good success with it. Funny, how this goes......I've offered a refund to anyone who wasn't happy with their purchase and not one has asked. It's obvious to me......that everyone flying the spring kits.....and the mounts are flying successfully......like me....it's awesome!

I custom each mount.......so PM me with the details of what you have in mind....there's so many options.....and I want you have what you need......in the kits.

G109
Old Dec 15, 2004, 11:41 PM
Oldie but goodie
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Jun 2003
3,890 Posts
Guys;

Just got my head spring kit installed and I love it. Couldn't be easier to install and I am now able to run my blades VERY loose which obviously helps them survive impacts with furniture (and Pets).

The kit works, and for the price that Geoffrey109 asks, you'd be hard pressed to put together the pieces yourself for less.

Steven
Popsflyer is offline Find More Posts by Popsflyer