HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2004, 06:19 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
It's here! It's here! Vamoose Beta Time!

WEll, I didn't know if I'd be able to finish all my vamoose testing before I had to leave town for Idaho, but it's going so fast, I should have it framed in another day, maybe 2 if I work slow. So far, in a total of maybe 8 hours, I have completed the tail feathers, assembled (But not glued) the fuse, and assembled (but not glued) the wings. It's going very quickly, and I can't wait to get this in the air! I'm sure it would go a bit faster once the instructions are ready to go

Now, just to tease a little, here's a few pics to whet your appetite's
AUBrian is offline Find More Posts by AUBrian
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2004, 06:25 PM
victim of the system
Home of the Toledo RC show
Joined Jul 2003
2,486 Posts
Dang ,,You don't cheat fair!!! where is a pic of the wing
TooTall is offline Find More Posts by TooTall
Old May 25, 2004, 06:39 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
Right now it's dissasembled for some sanding and while I decide if I'm going to put on LG or not (Each wing half supports 1 wheel/wire) It's also waiting until I am satisfied with the fit and setup of everything.

I was amazed, I went out yesterday morning and saw the package there...according to the estimate it was over a day early...but hey, I'm not complaining. I'm done with work for a while, so this gives me fun stuff to do.
Old May 25, 2004, 06:42 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,486 Posts
I have been in touch with D about one of these....can't wait to see the rest of your build thread and maiden with first few flights ....please keep us posted ...good luck and good flying ...Tom
Old May 25, 2004, 06:43 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Ahh that's pretty neat looking!
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old May 25, 2004, 07:01 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
Okay Tootall, just for you, I reassembled most of the wing parts, enough for a decent overhead view. Keep in mind, there are spar caps that are not int he picture, and again, nothing in this picture is glued (How's that for a good fit!)
Old May 25, 2004, 07:03 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
Man, I just looked at that pic and it looks crooked, but it really isn't..just the angle I took the picture at (Okay, and I may have moved it a touch when I was positioning it for the picture)
Old May 25, 2004, 08:13 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Very nice, Brian. Keep those pics coming. Have you got a flashy covering scheme picked out?

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old May 25, 2004, 08:22 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,486 Posts
thanks for your time and trouble AUBrian....I love pattern planes and this is right up my alley......Keep up the good work and the wonderful pics....thanks again...Tom
Old May 25, 2004, 08:32 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
Flashy? You picked the wrong man for flashy. Besides, I'm running a little low on solite (Not out, mind you, but just getting low....) and the one new roll I got got trashed by the mail lady, and the vendor has ignored me about getting a replacement. So I won't do anything too flashy, however we'll see...I've never been that good at doing anything much, however I finally got good at drawing flames, so I could probably put some on, but that's a little overdone. I'm more trying to get it done and flying so that David can go ahead and get these out on the for sale rack

So don't look for anything really wild, just practical and flyable...I'll rework it later when I have time to enjoy it
Old May 27, 2004, 01:55 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy building, and not posting! Here's what I have so far, the wing halves are glued up, but not together, however all parts are now in place. (Pic 1) The fuse is done, with the exception of gluing on the vertical stab (I was waiting until I got the elevator halves joined because it's easier to make sure you have a good fit when it's flat ) But the sanding is all done I think. As you can tell, just added some stringers, and a touch of sheeting on the bottom. But as soon as I get the wing halves glued together (Including the spar caps), and the tail feathers attached, it will be ready for some covering!!!
Old May 27, 2004, 01:57 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Is there any specific reason you're going to glue on the tail feathers before covering? It's generally accepted to be easier covering them seperately first.

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old May 27, 2004, 02:43 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
Why do you think I'm waiting to glue the tailfeathers ;o) I know my list wasn't perfectly in order, I was just trying to list what all was left to do before the framing was done....
Old May 27, 2004, 07:22 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,969 Posts
looking good brian , i can't wait to get started on mine!, what are your plans for a power system?

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old May 27, 2004, 08:33 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,557 Posts
Hey guys,
My Vamoose came yesterday, so I spent about 2 hours last night framing it up. In that time I was able to get the fuselage and wing all framed up sans the fuselage stringers, and part of the tail.

Its been a great build as of now, with no problems found. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

Hey Brian, what are you going to power yours with? I'm going to try the Himax 2025-3600 on 3s lipo and 8 cell 1800 kan cells.

Then I'm going to try a hacker B20 geared, on the same cells. I'm estimating about 20-24 oz depending on which batteries I use which is great for an airplane this size. its heavy enough that its going to carry through maneuvers but not too heavy.

I can't wait to fly it though. I took it to work and people there loved it. :0

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor