HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2004, 01:16 PM
Joined Apr 2003
697 Posts
Out of stock items question

Sorry if this is a bit out of topic, but I ordered lots of stuff for my first plane (about $300 US) from hobby horse and 1 of the props and the pixie 20p was out of stock, so I asked they ship the rest which they did. I also asked numerous times what will happen with the items I ordered that werent in stock (will I have to accept them once they get them or can I just remove them from my order), I always asked this along with 1-2 other questions but that one was always ignored. I got the Pixie 20P on ebay and now I'm worried they will force me to buy theirs once they get it back in stock.

Any ideas? I would ask again but after asking 3-4 times without an answer I dont see the point, which is why I asked here.

Thanks
ch2s is offline Find More Posts by ch2s
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2004, 02:48 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,758 Posts
Just call hobby horse back and tell them you want to make sure the back ordered items are removed from your original order as you have found them elsewhere. You could wait for months on back ordered items otherwise. They haven't already charged you with the back ordered items, have they?
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Last edited by Buzz; May 24, 2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old May 24, 2004, 03:16 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
London, Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,979 Posts
They shouldn't charge you for things until they are delivered. Just call them(or email, better yet both) and tell them you want the order removed.
larsy87 is offline Find More Posts by larsy87
Old May 24, 2004, 08:44 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
I'm moving this to the vendor talk forum.

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old May 24, 2004, 10:13 PM
Smooth Air
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Joined Apr 2003
1,500 Posts
I agree with Cam.

You should NEVER be charged unless the item is in stock. Even with best guesses of approximate dates that an item will be in stock, a vendor can never rely that it will be in on exactly that date.

Now, Great Hobbies allows you to order, and gets back to within' 24 hours if the item is not in stock & approximate date it will be in. This method works great, and it's very friendly of them, but I usually just cancel my order (unless I can't get the item any where else), and order from another vendor. I much prefer the method that most online vendors do, is mark that the item out of stock, and not make it possible to even order the product.

I"m interested in which method people prefer.

Geof.
Morb is offline Find More Posts by Morb
Old May 24, 2004, 10:16 PM
Joined Apr 2003
697 Posts
They didnt charge for the out of stock items, I just dont want them to charge them to my card and ship them when they get them back in stock, because I already got it on ebay.

Thanks
ch2s is offline Find More Posts by ch2s
Old May 24, 2004, 10:27 PM
Smooth Air
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Joined Apr 2003
1,500 Posts
Then they shouldn't even take it off your card, until the item comes in. They'll probably just take the money off for the items they do have, and then ship out the items when they're in stock and charge you then.

Just give them a phone call, (talking personally is usually the best thing for problems like this) and ask them to cancel those items and order. A company as large as hobby horse should have a 1 800 number.

Geof.
Morb is offline Find More Posts by Morb
Old May 24, 2004, 11:19 PM
Los Angeles, California
Joined Apr 2002
923 Posts
If you get to talk to a person to cancel the item, make sure you get a name. It is also best to ask for some form of cancellation confirmation. Just in case someone else did not catch it.
aau007 is offline Find More Posts by aau007