HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2001, 09:45 AM
Mineral Wells TX
Joined Jan 2001
65 Posts
Wind Cruiser II......does anyone know anything about it?

I need some help. A friend gave me a Wind CruiserII (hitec). This thing is a BRICK! The two previous owners couldn't get it to fly well either. It seems stock except for the prop. The original prop broke and appears to have been replaced with something very similar. Plane has a 66.53" wingspan, 22.6" fuselage length, old RS-540 motor, and a 6cell 1400 Mah nicad. I just got a manual for it today. I am going to go home and compare weight. I tried to fly it, but it wouldn't gain altitude....seemed to be underpowered or to heavy. I may buy a speed 500 motor and try my 8cell 500Mah cells that I have for my Zagi. Any ideas or information about this plane?
BigBadWolf_TX is offline Find More Posts by BigBadWolf_TX
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2001, 10:02 AM
Mineral Wells TX
Joined Jan 2001
65 Posts
I forgot to ask this in my original post....does anyone know where the CG is sopposed to be on this model, and will it fly with micro servos?
BigBadWolf_TX is offline Find More Posts by BigBadWolf_TX
Old Apr 20, 2001, 06:30 AM
Novara ,ITALY
Joined Sep 1999
522 Posts
Weight data would help a lot.

I don't know that model, but from what you wrote it looks underpowered. You can try one of the following:
- What prop does it have? For a stock 540 on 6 cells you may try a 8x4.5"... but if the motor isn't exactly the one I know you risk to burn it.
- Get a 7 cells pack.
- Add a gearbox. I'd say 3 - 2.5:1 with props in the range 11x8 - 12x10".
- Change the motor. The Magnetic Mayhem by Kyosho is a favourite for these setups, otherwise get a 600_7.2V cheap can motor.

About CG, if the wings aren't tapered or swept, 25 - 30% of the wing chord starting from the leading edge is a good starting point. Always remember that nose heavy is better than tail heavy! CG moved too backwards leads to instability.
Giacomo is offline Find More Posts by Giacomo
Old Mar 06, 2005, 11:09 AM
Joined Dec 2004
51 Posts
Help with motor?

Hi to all;

I'm building a small plane about 7 to 8 oz flying weight ( like the firebird outlaw), how do I determine what motor to use? is there any formula to determine what motor according to weight?
I'll appreciate anyone who can help

Tx
Yobel is offline Find More Posts by Yobel
Old Mar 06, 2005, 11:16 AM
Twist n' Shout!
Joined Nov 2004
1,484 Posts
yobel...you could run it on motocalc...google it...check out ur lhs, the guys in there should be able to help you out with what you need.
Matt Dziubinski is offline Find More Posts by Matt Dziubinski