HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2004, 05:01 PM
Jack of all trades!
Rockford, MN
Joined Jul 2003
450 Posts
Discussion
Edge RC Overlord 48" Wing

I am a new wing pilot, I did a few searches on here for wings and rounded it down to just a few, I was looking at EdgeRC's website and happen to see the Overlord and fell in love with its lines. I called Edge RC where I talked to Justin.
He rocks, he answered all my questions no matter how lame they were. Justin also recommended the GWS 8ch RX, and 2 GWS micro MG servos. I happen to have a CC pixie 20amp esc. Justin also sent me a Speed 400 motor, that he reversed timed. Sweet... While I was at it I got 2 8x1800nimh battries that fit nicely in the battery compartment on the wing.

So since I had a hard time finding info I thought I would start a little thread about it.

Here are some pics of the wing during building.
Here is a link to Edge R/Cs overlord product info: http://www.edgerc.com/overlord.htm

Only problems I had were the directions could have been a bit clearer on some areas. Like servo postion, but I spose that changes with how heavy your servos are.

Madien flight went great. Took off pretty level just gave it the pizza throw and a bit of up trim and flew great. Throws on flying wings don't need to be that great. I only have maybe 1/2" of up down and about 3/4" aleiron measured at the wingtip. this is MAX. I have found too much up/down starts to act like an air brake. Also on landing this thing lands pretty fast. Basiclly my only crash with it went something like this...

Oh I think I'l land. o.k.. thats doing good.. Oh I don't want to walk that far to get it, I'll let it get closer. oh wow this is going fast.uh wait it's passing me now, wasnt there something on my left. DDDDDUUUUUUNNNNNGGGGGGG...
LMAO.
Nailed a 55 gallon drum that is used for garbage at the park tipped it over. Very nice, plane was absolutly fine. nose was a bit crinkled.

Definatly a very easy to fly, durable plane that I would recomend to anyone.

Chris
Scoobyvroom is online now Find More Posts by Scoobyvroom
Last edited by Scoobyvroom; May 23, 2004 at 05:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2004, 03:37 PM
Jack of all trades!
Rockford, MN
Joined Jul 2003
450 Posts
Bout the only problem I am having now is that it looses alot of altitude when doing rolls, I think this is a CG problem, being to far forward. Rolls are about 1 per second, I am going to try to put some more throw in the alerion department and see what happens..

Chris
Old May 25, 2004, 08:20 AM
Just fly the darn wing!!!
Germany, NRW, Herford
Joined Oct 2003
2,210 Posts
Lucky you having the CG too far forward. Most people struggle with the CG too far in the back, which is much harder to correct. I was lucky enough to get my Overlord back then perfectly balanced from a guy who knew much more about building wings than i did back then....It flew great though. Justin created a great wing there.
ScYcS is offline Find More Posts by ScYcS
Old May 26, 2004, 04:42 PM
Jack of all trades!
Rockford, MN
Joined Jul 2003
450 Posts
Well each of those Micro MG servos are darn near an ounce, 28 grams I think... That helps, I upped to alieron throws and rolls are much faster..

Chris..