HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2004, 03:59 PM
Joined Apr 2004
69 Posts
T-IFO first flight

Wow, what a plane. Took her out to the field today, a bit breezy but she flew flawlessly. A light hand launch with about 70-80% throttle and see was climbing gently and flying almost straight hands off.

A quick side note:
For some reason I cannot get my GWS 100 esc to work properly with my futaba transmitter - It won't work with the channel reversed so I have to fly with the control reversed (i.e. down stick increases throttle).
Any ideas why?? I may swop in my castle creations pixie20.

Anyway back to the T-IFO, After gaining some height I put her through he paces with a few speed dives and loops. I can't believe the small area to can fly this thing in, I was on a huge field, but I could keep it so close if I wanted too. My last plane was a multiplex twinstar and before that gas, so it's nice to have a plane you can just chuck in the car with the transmitter and throw her straight into the air at the field.

I am flying with the wildrc 950 lipoly, I'm a newbie to lipolys and they are exceeding my expectations, had about a 15 minute flight before landing but there was still plenty of juice left in them. The GWS 100 volt cutout is a bit low for lipolys so better safe than sorry. (another reason to put the pixie20 in)

All in all a great plane.
MilkmanDan is offline Find More Posts by MilkmanDan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2004, 05:06 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Hi Dan,
It's a great plane! I assume you read my Beta build review on E-Zone Mag. Have fun and when you get really good....... time for a Mini or MK3!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old May 22, 2004, 06:02 PM
Loop da Loop!
Great Britain (UK)
Joined Apr 2004
283 Posts
cool. i have the old, larger T- IFO, bought it ages ago. Finally done, hope to maiden it tmmrrw if i get the battery working.
JohntheBoff is offline Find More Posts by JohntheBoff