SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2004, 12:19 PM
Virtual Cockpits
www.wrightrc.com
Joined Dec 2001
73 Posts
LiPo w/o correct BEC cut off?

I have a Hacker B20 12L 4:1 with a Hacker "Master/Jeti 18-3P" controller. Jason Schulman recommended using a 3x2100 li po pack with a 10x4.7 prop on my Ultimate 3D foamie. Unless you specify otherwise, this is the set up I will be using.

My question is about my Master/Jeti controller. It was purchased from Hacker when I bought the motor. I have never used LiPo batts before and I'm unclear about the BEC cut off point. My Master/Jeti 18-3P BEC controller is about 2 years old and was designed for Nicad & NihM cells. The Hacker man told me I could use the older control but the cut off was not changeable and that I should simply land when the power sags to keep from running the voltage to low. This sounds simple, but I'm worried about damaging these expensive LiPo cells.

Can I just stop when it "sags" or another way or should I spend more bucks and buy a new controller with programable cut off points?

Thx,
Kregg
Kregg is offline Find More Posts by Kregg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2004, 02:09 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,416 Posts
Check out the Li-Savers.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood