SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2004, 07:27 PM
West Chester, PA
Joined Jan 2004
57 Posts
GWS j-3 Cub build question...

I have almost completed my cub. I am very pleased with it. I do, however, have a question regarding the linkage (wire) from the servo's to the contol arms. I find that the distance from one to the other is great enough to cause significant "flexing/bowing" when given TX commands. Is this normal? If not, what suggestions can you offer to remedy this?

Thanks,
Rod
Rod Carson is offline Find More Posts by Rod Carson
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2004, 09:18 PM
Round Rock, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Carson
I have almost completed my cub. I am very pleased with it. I do, however, have a question regarding the linkage (wire) from the servo's to the contol arms. I find that the distance from one to the other is great enough to cause significant "flexing/bowing" when given TX commands. Is this normal? If not, what suggestions can you offer to remedy this?

Thanks,
Rod

1.- Check to see that the rods aren't rubbing against something along their length.

2.- You may have too much throw in the control setup, so that it's maxing out the control surface movement while there's still movement left in the servo.

3.- If not 1 or 2, try a thicker ( stiffer ) control rod.

BobbyG
bobbygee is offline Find More Posts by bobbygee
Old May 20, 2004, 12:05 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
or support the control rod in the middle somewhere with a coffee stir. That size of pushrod that comes with the kit bows pretty easy but it's past the point of too much throw usually. I've got 5 yrs. experience but I'm building the same plane
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old May 20, 2004, 12:49 PM
West Chester, PA
Joined Jan 2004
57 Posts
cadconversion-

Tell me a little more about a support in the middle....My only challenge is that the plane is now completed. Thus, making access to the control wires (where they cross especially) challenging at best...

Thanks gents-
Rod Carson is offline Find More Posts by Rod Carson
Old May 20, 2004, 06:20 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
Rod, I really wouldn't worry about them. The flex was noticeable in my pico FD but it didn't hurt the flight at all. I suspect the same for the cub.
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions