HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2002, 08:17 PM
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Jan 2002
90 Posts
Whats the difference between the 3 GWS tigermoths??

My ordered plane arrived and I went to check it out today, the side of the box had 3 versions with a tick for the top one, bottom one was "GWS ????? something 280" I think. The motor in the box definately wasnt a 280 so Im guessing some come with a smaller motor for indoor use. They said that was the only type available here in South Australia. I left it there, I thought I wanted the 280 version, how do the others fly?? can I just drop a 280 in??
chargin is offline Find More Posts by chargin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2002, 08:41 PM
Santa Rosa, Northern CA, USA
Joined Oct 1999
2,472 Posts
Hi Chargin,

I am pretty sure that the "top box", is the normal TM, but no paint. The second box is the same but pre-painted Yellow.

Bottom box is "GWP/P - TM -280". This would be the 280 version, but know one to date has tried one. Well, at least no one that has answered my thread here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=280

Regards,
Dave

PS: I think the plane at the store is what we are all fly'n Flys great with that little motor in the kit.
Daveairway is offline Find More Posts by Daveairway
Last edited by Daveairway; Jan 07, 2002 at 08:44 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2002, 09:24 PM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,757 Posts
Tiger Moth Versions

Top Box: GW/P-TM-C: Unpainted version, not sure any in U.S.
Middle Box: GW/P-TM-C/Y: Yellow version, most common in U.S.
Bottom Box: GW/P TM-280: Direct Drive 280, not sure any in U.S.

Horizon Hobbies apparently determines what will and won't be imported, which is probably why only the yellow version is available.
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr