HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 18, 2004, 01:46 AM
Johnson did it!
Joined May 2004
40 Posts
Question
Why is E-Zone so anxious to doge questions?

Why is it that as soon as someone questions the financial ties between the owners operators of this site and Hobby Lobby, they close the thread with a statment that seem very much like "These are not the droids you are looking for."? Do they think that we are all weak minded fools? How about some accounting information? How much of the costs to run your site are covered by Hobby Lobby's sponsorship? How much does this tie you to them? How far are you willing to go to protect your relationship? Does this compromise the integrity of your site?
Wonko The Sane is offline Find More Posts by Wonko The Sane
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2004, 02:31 AM
Does anyone hear a cat?
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2003
4,380 Posts
e-zone is really an undercover hobby-lobby mass-hypnosis project.
run away, quickly. I've got my tinfoil hat, i'll be fine...save yourself.
headless is offline Find More Posts by headless
Old May 18, 2004, 08:45 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,457 Posts

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old May 18, 2004, 08:56 AM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
HMMMMM,
Wonko the Sane has a grand total of two posts, neither of which is about airplanes. Bet it's a coincidence that he showed up at the same time that Sal was banned for using multiple identities to run down competing businesses.

If you have a problem with the way the site is run, leave. It's a private area. It has rules of conduct. When you violate those rules, you don't get to whine about being censured (if you're not sure how that differs from CENSORED, look it up before you reply).

Headless, the tin-foil hat (BTW, that dates you. Young folks call it aluminum foil) isn't enough with a conspiracy so large. You'll also need a Maglight and a current copy of Backyard Buyer magazine.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge
Last edited by sarge; May 18, 2004 at 08:58 AM.
Old May 18, 2004, 09:07 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Gentlemen

Lets please keep the tone of this discussion civil.

Thank You.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old May 18, 2004, 09:07 AM
Does anyone hear a cat?
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2003
4,380 Posts
but..but... they told me the tinfoil would keep the hypnosis away!!
Going to have to move up to a wire mesh.

Seems strange to me when i see people cowering being anonymity attacking those who are right out in the open doing something positive for the hobby. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
headless is offline Find More Posts by headless
Old May 18, 2004, 10:32 AM
Provo, Utah, United States
Joined May 2002
750 Posts
Wonko, as a new member with only two posts behind you and no contributions other than your negative insinuations against the owners and moderators of this service. you just don't have a lot of credibility here. RCGroups is a community and, just like the new neighbor that wants to complain about the mayor's office and police department the day after moving into town, most of the locals are going to roll their eyes at you.

If you really believe what you are saying and you want to do something about it, you've got to establish yourself in the community and spend some time helping your fellow modelers before you try to convince everyone that there is a nefarious plot to damage the businesses of those that don't sponsor the site. Right now, most people just won't take you seriously.
utahrc is offline Find More Posts by utahrc
Last edited by utahrc; May 18, 2004 at 10:34 AM.
Old May 18, 2004, 10:54 AM
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,567 Posts
word.
MrMootsie is online now Find More Posts by MrMootsie
Old May 18, 2004, 01:33 PM
San Carlos, California, United States
Joined Apr 2000
245 Posts
Tinfoil! All I have is aluminum foil!
kjkish is offline Find More Posts by kjkish
Old May 18, 2004, 01:44 PM
Forgot how to fly
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Oct 2002
10,181 Posts
I have a used popcorn popper...will that protect me? We need to get the word out...
Mike Parsons is offline Find More Posts by Mike Parsons
Old May 18, 2004, 02:59 PM
Central NJ
Joined Mar 2001
708 Posts
How do you " doge " a question ?
Dog, dog-e , doggie ?

Feodosia Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Feodosia Flyer
Old May 18, 2004, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
If the popcorn popper is of the Jiffy-Pop variety, then it may afford some protection. A shower cap may be necessary, however, to keep the oil and butter out of your hair. If you don't have a shower cap (and who does, really), then wrap your head in plastic wrap. The safest thing to do would be to test fit the above, take a photo, and post it here. That way I can tell if it is likely to work or not. If it does not appear that it will work, PM me your credit card number, expiration date, name on the card, etc, and I will send you a device that will work. No need to thank me.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge
Old May 18, 2004, 04:18 PM
Forgot how to fly
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Oct 2002
10,181 Posts
It is indeed the Jiffy-pop brand. I dont have a showercap..but do have some bubble wrap left over from a party this weekend...(dont ask). I think I will give this a go.

Cheers

-mike
Mike Parsons is offline Find More Posts by Mike Parsons
Old May 18, 2004, 04:24 PM
MTT
I care about rising air !
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Feb 2002
2,012 Posts
Well, the number of posts anybody has made here on the board doesn't have anything to do with it...
At least it shouldn't !

Wonko asked a , IMHO, legitimate question...
Is there a connection between HL and E-Zone ? I don't know...
I wouldn't think so, since HL has it's share of negative comments, and you don't see any moderators erasing those posts.

@ Wonko : Why do you worry so much about this ? As ong as the E-zone runs the way it does now, who cares if Hobby Lobby owns it ?

Michael
MTT is online now Find More Posts by MTT
Old May 18, 2004, 04:39 PM
Joined Mar 2003
493 Posts
Only another "Vendor" would care, right Mr. Wonko.

-Mo
Mo Jiggy is offline Find More Posts by Mo Jiggy
Closed Thread