HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2004, 10:23 PM
Joined May 2004
2 Posts
Whoops!
Help!!! Need general instructions-Guillows B-29

I recently purchased a Guillows Kit #2005 Display model B-29 from my local hobby store. Unfortunately, the general instructions referenced on some of the layout plans are missing from the kit. The hobby store as well as the Guillows factory are not responsive to solving the missing instructions problem so I am appealing to anyone who may have already built this kit to ask if they would consider copying the general instructions and mail them to me. I have built several models previously but considering the complexity of this particular model, I would prefer to have the instructions. Thank you in advance to anyone who may choose to respond with some help.
JLSeagull is offline Find More Posts by JLSeagull
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2004, 06:12 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,217 Posts
While a don't have the instructions, a tip in contacting manufacturers. Did you send your query via E-mail? E-mail can go unanswered for days, weeks, months, or forever. The only way to get hold them is to pick up the phone and talk to someone. And then remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old May 18, 2004, 07:33 AM
Westbrook Maine
Joined Apr 2003
594 Posts
I do not have these instructions but the people at Guillows have always answered my emails quickly, perhaps a call is in order.

Fritz
fmhans is offline Find More Posts by fmhans
Old May 18, 2004, 08:58 AM
Joined May 2004
2 Posts
Thank you for your suggestions vonJaerschky & fmhans. I "honey-coated" my original e-mail to Guillow and received a respectably timely response stating that since they discontinued the kit some 3 years ago they no longer had the tooling or plans in their inventory to assist me. Their suggestion was to try E-Bay or the hobby chat rooms on the web. Undoubtedly the instructions do exist somewhere so I remain optimistic. Thanks again, JLS
JLSeagull is offline Find More Posts by JLSeagull
Old May 18, 2004, 10:34 AM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,300 Posts
cust_service@guillow.com Att. Michelle They will send you what ever you need.

Steve
St. Martin is online now Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old May 18, 2004, 10:35 AM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,300 Posts
opps.. sorry I did not see your last post.

Steve
St. Martin is online now Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Oct 09, 2007, 04:49 AM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Hello!
Please help me find plans or even kit or parts in any condition! I want to build it and convert to electric. Scanned on home scanner and emailed plans could also be good. No need to ship it to me.
I attacked Guillow's from several sides. They skipped on my emails and told by phone that do not have anything related to B-29 available.
Thank you,
Kostya
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat
Old Oct 09, 2007, 04:31 PM
It flew once before...
Northwood , New Hampshire
Joined Jul 2004
3,865 Posts
JLS ,

Let me peek into my B17 box I was afraid to open it because once I get the lid off a Guillows box I can never get it back on . If I have what you are looking for I'll PM you .

-John
jofrost is offline Find More Posts by jofrost
Old Oct 09, 2007, 04:40 PM
It flew once before...
Joined Jul 2004
3,865 Posts
Doh , I need to look at the post dates better ...

JLS , I'm sure you found the instructions by now !

Kostya , you keep digging up these old threads...have you tried ebay ? You really want a B29 bad ...

-John
Old Oct 09, 2007, 10:43 PM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Hello John!
Yes, really need it bad! I'm digging everywhere. From rccanada to rcscalebuilders and wattflyer. No luck yet.
In the previous post, did you mention you have B-17 or B-29? I need B-29 in any form and any condition. Bad plastic not a problem. Missing parts also if templates are exist. My intentions with B-29:
build it as Guillow's proposed to gain experience and design considerations.
than enlarge plans to 75-80" and rework parts in CAD and build it fully featured and as detailed as possible. I know people from nice FF community who build small several gram planes. Steve Bage did solid state engined X-1 to further play with my B-29..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752798
Old Oct 09, 2007, 10:46 PM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
About B-17. I had bad luck with it on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290156605211
Although it looks good, it arrived missing all plans sheet (only one included "G/H") and good portion of wood sheets (most fuse formers, about 40%) Now I can't work on it since do not have plans and templates for missing parts. Can you help me with something?
Thank you,
Kostya
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:37 AM
It flew once before...
Joined Jul 2004
3,865 Posts
Kostya ,
I sent you a PM . I read wrong . The kit I have is a B17 , bit do have a good idea where to acquire B29 . PM me .
-John
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Joe! I got B-29 off ebay (it's on its transatlantic flight now). Now I'm still in trouble with B-17. Can you give me any advice? I already wrote to couple of Guillow's yahoo groups. And Guillow's Model Builders Forum.
Thank you,
Kostya