SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 17, 2004, 09:11 PM
CT,USA
Joined Apr 2004
33 Posts
Question
Need help with servos for DragonFly

Hi guys!

Have had a couple of hard landings (light crashes), nothing broke yet but it seems that my servos are taking a beating. I've had to rebuild the pitch servo once already because it was glitching back-and-forth because the on-center reading was off. It's much better now, but now the roll servo is getting stuck from time-to-time at full left roll. These full left roll "landings" are not helping things.

So my question is, what is a good upgraded servo for my DragonFly?

I think the originals are GWS Naro/Stds.

Would Ball-Bearings servos be better. What about metal gears?

Anyone have some ideas? Recomendations?

Thanks,
Randy.
malor is offline Find More Posts by malor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2004, 11:35 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
I guess the stronger the servos the better...but weight and speed seem to be the important things. You want a server faster than .12 from what I have read.

I am using the GWS PicoBB's About $20US each from Aircraft world. They have served me well so far. (i tape them as well as glued them so there's absolutely no slop in them. With tape only, there's a lot of play)

If you can play with your expo it might help. You shouldln't be doing full left, right up, down anything. (not when you're learning anyway) You need to be more gentle on the sticks. The more stick you give the more you need to correct in the opposite, which normally leads to a pendulum effect..then a crash.
OzzieFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzzieFlyer
Old May 17, 2004, 11:58 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Apr 2004
4,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malor
what is a good upgraded servo for my DragonFly?

I think the originals are GWS Naro/Stds.

Would Ball-Bearings servos be better. What about metal gears?

Anyone have some ideas? Recomendations?
Hitec HS-55 seem to be a popular choice for micro helis.
EddieNewYork is offline Find More Posts by EddieNewYork