HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2004, 10:16 AM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
Pocketcam X and Video Editing Software

I decided to strap the Pocketcam X on my Multiplex Cargo B17 and it really turned out well. On the down side, the video needs editing and for some reason when I try to edit with Pinnacle Studio 8, it errors out when I got to generate the finished file. The error claims it is an unsupported frame rate.

I haven't tried other editing software yet, but has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

The most important thing I learned was that to shoot video well, one must be a smoooooth pilot.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2004, 01:48 PM
Veni, Vidi, Fragoris
Shreveport, LA
Joined Mar 2003
384 Posts
Try rendering to a different type of file.... I don't know what the framerate on the X is but most of my digital cameras capture at 15 fps... some codecs may expect 29.97 or 30 fps.

Alternately you could use something like VirtualDub to render it to a standard AVI file before you bring it in for editing, if that doesn't work.

Chris
djslack is offline Find More Posts by djslack
Old May 17, 2004, 09:21 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Oct 2003
1,882 Posts
I have the PocketCamX, and I just tried editing and saving the .avi.

I use ULEAD video studio, and had no problems with it.

--Scott
dreslism is offline Find More Posts by dreslism
Old May 18, 2004, 01:06 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
I'll try the ULead stuff- then see if Pinnacle will work... I really dig the Pinnacle effects and background music generation etc.

Main thing it that I don't want anyone to see the first two attempts to get up to takeoff speed where the plane nosed over in the bumpy grass.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer