HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2004, 09:11 PM
De-Brushed user
Midland, Tx / W. Lafayette, Ind.
Joined Dec 2002
2,949 Posts
Good hobby shops in Ft. Lauderdale

Hi. Next week i will be in Florida for almost a full week, around Ft. Lauderdale mostly I think, maybe Orlando too. My dad has a business trip. What/where are the good hobby shops in the area? Im only into electrics and hand-launch gliders, if that narrows it down. I think i will be staying at the Westin in Ft. L., so if it is in walking distance of there that would be awesome, but I can catch a cab or maybe rent a bike too. Thanks,
Jonathan
CAFplanekid is offline Find More Posts by CAFplanekid
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2004, 11:33 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,481 Posts
The two big hobby shops in Fort Lauderdale are Warrick Custom Hobbies and R. C. Hobbies.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old May 28, 2004, 03:28 PM
De-Brushed user
Midland, Tx / W. Lafayette, Ind.
Joined Dec 2002
2,949 Posts
Thanks for the info, Mike. I went to WCH, and that is a really nice place with a good atmosphere. When I walked in, there were a couple Hummingbirds being worked on, and even being flown in the store, and alot of really cool stuff. I ended up buying a Phoenix Link and some Dubro micro EZ connectors. I accidentally threw away the connectors, though, but am already using the PHlink. Also, my dad was really impressed with the little helicopters, and I think he may have ended up buying me a Corona or Hummingbird for my b-day coming up. But then I had to go to Disney land with my mom and sister I would rather have taken all the money I wasted there and bought a cheap airplane to go fly on the beach where my dad was staying for business , but that plan was a no-go with the parentals.
Jonathan
CAFplanekid is offline Find More Posts by CAFplanekid