SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2002, 12:32 AM
Akron, OH
Joined May 2001
87 Posts
Multiplex Cockpit MM

I am opening myself up on this one but here goes:

I purchased a Multiplex Cockpit MM radio back in November. I set up several different models in the controller and the thing is awesome. I love the way it feels in my hand, I love the simplicity of programming, I love the expandability.

Here's the point I will be ridiculed for!

One problem I did notice was I had some glow fuel on my hand as I grabbed the controller and come to find out the case is not fuel proof!!! I think that is crazy. Even though I wiped the fuel off immediately, it left a definite dark spot where it had begun to eat through the finish.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If not, be forwarned.

I have emailed Karlton Spindle and he is looking into replacing the transmitter case for me. I hope they resolve this problem for future radios. There products and their service so far seems good. Now if they would get some Turbo 450 motors in stock, they would be excellent.

John
jdoan is offline Find More Posts by jdoan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2002, 05:24 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,030 Posts
I only use my Cockpit for eflight (I have other, older, TXs that I use for IC). A club mate has used his for both for some time but may not have got raw fuel on it yet ... I will warn him!
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover