HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2002, 06:48 PM
Kansas City - Overland Park
Joined Jan 2002
79 Posts
Need contacts in Kansas City area

Hi guys,

The near year is bringing lots of changes to my life, including moving from New Orleans to Kansas City (Overland Park). I have had a great time with electric rc toys here, and I have met many great guys. I'm very active in the hobby, I fly electric sport & competition planes ( A&B electric sailplane -- actually won B at Nats in 2000) as well as very large scale sailplanes & TD, and a few large gassers as well.

I'd appreciate any contacts in the KC area for these pursuits.

I've put a few rough web pages up that show what we have been up to over the past 18 months.

www.courtforms.com/personal

Moving on the 15th of Jan.

TIA

Lee Estingoy
New Orleans / Overland Park
Lee Estingoy is offline Find More Posts by Lee Estingoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2002, 05:04 AM
Leavenworth Ks
Joined Nov 2001
111 Posts
KC people

Hello Lee, There are a couple clubs and lots of guys Flying in the Kansas City Area. The Shawnee Mission Radio Control Club flys from a field at Shawnee Mission Park around 87th st and I-435. There is a web page but I Don't have the address handy. we also have a good group of guys flying electric indoor and light electric, there are a few doing sailplanes and larger electric. We have several Hobby supplies in OPK , the two closest to you would be on METCALF, Hobby Town 95th st and Hobby Haven 103rd st. There are about 8 or so flying facilities and clubs in the Metro area. Our indoor group meets every other weekend on Saturday Nights 6-9pm our next is Jan. 12th., This is our second season i believe and its been alot of fun, We meet in Desoto Ks. about 20 min west of OPK/Lenexa on 87th street. The outdoor stuff depends on weather this time of year, Its COLD now. I Live in Leavenworth KS. about 40min North but active in the Shawnee Club. Welcome To the K.C. area , Give me a line when you are in town, We have a group that meets for Breakfast on Tuesday Mornings, Love to have you join us and meet some of the guys. Talk to you Later, Dave Bowles
Dave Bowles is offline Find More Posts by Dave Bowles