Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 13, 2004, 01:36 PM
How do I land this thing?
Joined Jul 2002
448 Posts
Dumb questions about a trainer cord

I've got a Flash 5 transmitter and I'm looking at getting my lovely wife and five year old son into flying. I need an inexpensive tramsmitter to use on a trainer cord with them. Will any of the Hitec 3 channel transmitters work in that capacity? Also can the "trainer" transmitter be a different channel than mine? I'd like to be able to fly together with them eventually.

Thanks,
Rich
BigShark is offline Find More Posts by BigShark
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2004, 03:00 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
The older Focus 3s don't have a trainer jack. There is apparently a trainer switch/jack upgrade for the Neon. I'd go looking in the For Sale forum for an older Flash 4/4x or 5/5x if it were me (in fact that's what I have done).

No, they don't need to be on the same channel. The RF of the student box is suppressed provided you use the Hitec trainer cord correctly, when in student mode. The airplane will have to be set up to match the "teacher" transmitter for frequency. Both transmitters have to have the reversing settings and trims matched so that nothing moves or gets reversed when handing control off to the student box.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old May 14, 2004, 11:00 AM
How do I land this thing?
Joined Jul 2002
448 Posts
Thanks.
Rich
BigShark is offline Find More Posts by BigShark