SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 05, 2002, 09:29 PM
Joined Dec 2001
42 Posts
LOGO 10 is the BOMB!

Tony,

I would like to say,
YOO HOO MY GOODNESS, WOW WEEE AWESOME SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOSHA GRRRRRREAT!!!

MaN, I got the blades today and took it out in the front yard to do some trimming and man woo hoo woo wee she is smooth and so very stable and I still don't have the head speed up to par yet.

I will try to set that later today as I was orginally playing with it on the bench using 10 cells but this is now a 12 cell pack.

I could just P#$s on the voyager's high expense to get flying close to this lil' super quiet gem!
Those people who say voyagers are great flying once upgraded are in denial as you can buy a heli and fly it right outta' box without re-inventing it..."LOGO".
I did not even have to adjust the tracking and the tail is so powerful that I was suprised when I input rudder and it did a quick 360 and effortlessly, in both directions.

This is all without even fine tuning the baby but just assembly and fly!
Now I expect that it will be even better when properly tuned and headspeed up to snuff.

I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart Mr. Tony K. La for introducing me to the LOGO and even more for making it so easy to purchase with no hassles or long waits or disappointments. I sit and admire it for long periods of time and revelle in its potential greatness that I and I alone harness and control with PRECISION and a very tight head.

I will be selling at least two of my voyagers but will keep one as they were the birds I cut my electric's teeth on so to speak and I've already invested a gold mine in getting the heli to a descent flying machine but I must sadly admit I spent way too much and it will never fly upgraded like a stock LOGO 10 and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

The Head on the LOGO 10 is massive and very functional not to mention TIGHT right outta' the box!

Well enough for now, but trust me, at this point I cannot say enough good things about this heli.
I'm using the Kontronik/FUN 600-15 (for others that may read this tony)
12 cell 2400mah paks and HS85bb's on swash and the HS81mg on tail though today I used the JR G-400 Gyro, tomorrow I will be using the Futaba GY401.

Any Idea when the 600-18 and the BEAT controller will be in Tony?

Land Softly

Lorenzo
noble_heart38 is offline Find More Posts by noble_heart38
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2002, 09:47 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
Dont hold back, say what you really mean!!! Welcome to EZONE. Sure you dont work for LOGO?
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Old Jan 05, 2002, 10:28 PM
Joined Dec 2001
42 Posts
Thanx 4 Welcome

Thanx for the welcome JIMJAM.

I won't rag on ya'll ears too much so I will tell the things I don't like about the LOGO 10, which is a very short list.

The canopy is taped together which can be a feat to accomplish with two hands not to mention it is very thin and flimsy though though enough to look good and do the required job as no canopy is desiged for crashing...lol I really like the tape as you can change your mind and get it perfect if you choose.

Servo mounting offers VERY FEW options in servo dimensions and placement for even when using the recommend servos you still can't get the control links perfectly 90degrees and vertical on all servos using 120 ccpm which I feel is the only way to go.

The beautifully contructed massive head gives you a feeling of confidence and control but mixing and washout arms all use bushings instead of BB's but it flies great bushed and I feel they will last awhile but I will upgrade to BB when replacement time comes.

I wished the swash plate was all metal which would have made this the perfect head as the plastic swash is a lil tight and the ball links do require a lil shaping as they are very tight in some places but no real biggy.

I don't like the tail assembly being so easy to install and I wished it wasn't so stable not to mention it is too well designed to be capable of flying poorly. If only I could down grade it to the level of the voyager e.
Darn it there is a tail boom support that actually functions and I wished if left me with something legitament to complain about.

I will dig deeper and see if I can find something really wrong with this craft. I know there something bad hiding behind this superb lil gem the sits where you put it without a heading hold gyro!
They can't fool me! I will look and search leaving no stone unturned in my quest to tarnish this heli's growing positive reputation. I'm looking desperately for a reason not to order a second one.

Heck I think my search could be better perfomed if I had two of em' to look at. Guess what? My second one is already in the mail with the FUN 600-18 coming soon!

Man if I worked for Mikado, I would quit since there is not much reason to improve this jewel of the electric heli world so what would you do all day?

Mean while like it or not, I'm gonna love to hate this lil' baby which is large next to the heavily upgraded puny voyager which is not capable of stable flight even after all available upgrades have been added.

The voyager is a cash cow with high maintenance stock setup and I have come to one conclusion:
A MAXED OUT UPGRADED SWEET FLYING VOYAGER-E WILL NOT FLY AS GOOD AS A STOCK POORLY FLYING LOGO 10 ON VOYAGER'S BEST DAY!...grrr...

Man I feel a voyager CLEARANCE SALE coming on.

Land Softly

Lorenzo
Old Jan 05, 2002, 11:30 PM
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
Well I happen to be looking for a VOYAGER. Let me know what you have. I really like the LOGO 10 but Im going to wait and see what the setup is. Also, where are you going to get parts when you bend it? I loved my ECO but I got tired of the waiting game for parts. I mean if Im desperate enough to pay $10 and $5.00 shipping for a $2.00 piece of plastic, I expect someone to have it.
Old Jan 05, 2002, 11:47 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
Lorenzo, Yes welcome to the Ezone!

I'm sure if you look you can find something wrong with it

I am like you though and really would like to keep the V, but the 10 is soooo nice!
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jan 06, 2002, 12:12 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,567 Posts
JIMJAM, Ikarus parts are hard to get at times, no matter where you live! These days it's not where are the people you deal with, but WHO are the people you deal with Back when I first started dealing with Mikado (no US distributor then) and was discussing bent rotor attachment bolts, I declined their offer to air-mail some with long shanks to me. Two months later, when I was ordering some other parts, they remembered and included them (for free of course).

RC-Direct stocks most if not all parts and are increasing their inventory numbers last time I asked. The LOGO 10 invasion should help with that as well.

For all the thousands we spend on our helis, it's not much of a hardship to keep a few spare parts on hand anyway. Also, I've been on the giving and receiving end of "LOGO cousin parts loaning" shipments I even had a Schulze Future mailed to me when mine died in a crash.

It's kinda neat having spare parts that can be shared between two helis, now that I have both a "10" and a "20"

Hi Lorenzo!

Glen
gpeden is offline Find More Posts by gpeden
Old Jan 06, 2002, 12:15 AM
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
Its best just to go ahead and buy 2. I usually end up with enough spares to build another heli anyway.
Old Jan 06, 2002, 12:26 AM
Joined Dec 2001
42 Posts
I'm a convert and Proud of it

Well I was sold on the voyager like so many but I've always heard "The Flies are many where the meat is spoiled" and though LOGO 10 is quickly building a good reputation the voyager is out there in huge numbers, and rightfully so as there was nothing in its class or price range worth flying including itself...hehehe.

But in all fairness to the voyager, there is no way to compare the Voyager to the LOGO 10. It's like comparing oranges to apples (to steal a cliche').

Though not always feasible but I purchased a 2nd. kit for parts but have already decided to build it into flying heli with all the upgrades that will functionally add to the flight performance and not sparkly un-necessary colorful gadgets. I've gotten too old to waste my money being a slave to fashion but have instead opted for reality and flight enjoyment for most of the gadgets you can't see anyway when the bird is in the sky.

But I have ordered a couple of pre-packaged crash kits from eflightpacks and a few blade sets. I don't think I'll do CF blades as the woodies are symetrical enough to do what I need at the moment without the added cost although I plan to try the CF in the future just for grins.

RC-Direct is stocking the parts and kits in the USA and now I see a couple of other sites are joining the bandwagon.

Glad to see some of the guys from the voyager group here.

So I must give flowers to my 3 voyagers and wish them well but I have converted to LOGO for good and am not ashamed of it though I will miss the guys from the Voyager groups.
I have noticed though that it has been real quiet on the voyager groups... could be they are silently but feverilshly building their new LOGO???!...eheheh

Land Softly
Lorenzo
Old Jan 06, 2002, 12:38 AM
Joined Dec 2001
42 Posts
Hello Glen and Fred!
I seem to keep following Mr. Peden around the groups.

Anyone using the Kontronik controller I sure would like to hear how you set yours up. Yes read the manual several times but cant get the high head speeds I hear about. I will say that I don't use a slider or knob for throttle.

I am going to just use the 14cell packs exclusively even though it flies with 10 and 12 cell packs.

As Glen said, you should not have a problem stocking some parts for the enevitable and avoidable un-planned GRAVITY SURGE (when the ground comes up to contact your flying heli)

BTW: Glen, I got myself the Orbit Microlader V6, Dymond Super Turbo and the Simprop chargers! I made a shrewed purchase of the PYRAMID PS26kx power supply with dual meters and enough amperage to power all 3 chargers simultaneously. $99.00

Land Softly

Lorenzo
Old Jan 06, 2002, 12:43 AM
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
Lorenzo, you got it! Just have a CC on hand and you really have alots of spares that way. I was amazed at the parts included in it!

I hate to say it , but I also enjoy posting here much better than at Yahoo.
Old Jan 06, 2002, 01:11 AM
Joined Dec 2001
42 Posts
I agree with you Fred, I like here better than Yahoo groups.
This place seems to offer a more mature environment to express your views and opinions.

But then could it be that the youngsters on Yahoo are in denial and frustrated with what it takes to get the voyager flying but to embarrassed to admit the regret for the voyager purchase with the Upcoming LOGO 10?

Us men really hate to admit we need a road map from time to time and only like to brag on our great acquistitions and camoflouge our foolish spending with shallow accolades . .

In other words, Misery Loves Company.

But I'm glad to see the mature folks are here for the moment.
I will enjoy the bliss while it lasts. A wise man will change but a fool will never change. I wonder how many will come here from the voyager???...hehehe

Land Softly

Lorenzo

P.S. I am convinced IMO that you cannot make the links perfectly vertical for the left and right servos and they will hit the sideframes before becoming perpendicular to the balls. So I think chasing these particular servos around is a moot point. Just get the ones that make you happy and fit.
Old Jan 06, 2002, 01:29 AM
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
Well Lorenzo I have been here for over 2 years and still enjoy it thoroughly. It is a great group without adds!

I did not wory about getting the links vertical. The 85BB's fit great and work the head easily (after much fitting!) There is still almost zero slop and I just have to fit the gyro now.

OH, it is "SUPERCALIFRAGLISTICEXPEALADOCIOUS"
Last edited by Fred Bronk; Jan 06, 2002 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2002, 01:42 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,567 Posts
Hi Lorenzo,

OK, this is not a religious crusade. The Voyager is a perfectly fine heli and the people who love them do not, as a rule, have personality disorders

The LOGO 10 "motorization" schemes do not tend to give a very high head speed. Take your 600-15 as an example. The "15" stands for 1500 rpm/V, so lets assume 1 volt (under load) times 12 cells times 1500 rpm times 15T/200T (assuming 15T) gives only 1350 rpm. Using a 16T pinion? Then you would get a maximum of 1440 rpm.

Today, with my 600-18 version flying at 5000+ feet, I noticed a need for more rpm, so I just installed the 16T pinion and am thinking about trying 13 cells, which would give a theoretical maximum rpm of 1872. This is considerably more than the 1620 I had at my disposal this afternoon.

You might even find that the LOGO 10 is not as 3-D capable as a souped-up Voyager can be without going for a big motor upgrade too. Then as you up the revs, you shorten the flight time and need more cells, and gradually morph it into a LOGO 20 Who knows? I'm trying my darndest to get some valid flight experience, but alas, everywhere within 250 miles of me is forcasting 30mph winds for the next 2 days All I want is a smooth flying reliable heli capable of mild aerobatics and practicing inverted flight as a "second" heli. I know that I have that much, but will be trying for a little more

Cheers!

Glen
Last edited by gpeden; Jan 06, 2002 at 02:09 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2002, 02:46 AM
Joined Dec 2001
42 Posts
Glen,

I did not say we had personality disorders as I am also an owner of several voyagers.

I love my voyager, but I love the LOGO even more!

enough said...

Lorenzo
Old Jan 06, 2002, 03:19 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,567 Posts
Hi Lorenzo,

OK, OK... your enthusiasm was taking things to a personal level with:

"But then could it be that the youngsters on Yahoo are in denial and frustrated with what it takes to get the voyager flying but to embarrassed to admit the regret"

which was kind of a wide-sweeping assesment, and I was trying to make light of it in my usual half-successful way

Addin' a cell to my packs to make 13 right now

Cheers!

Glen